Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where/how do I get SKY DIGITAL in Rep. of Ireland?

• 09-07-2002 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I'm interested in sussing out the options for getting Sky digital installed. I want the ability to have 2 TVs watching 2 different channels at the same time (Which I can currently do on my crappy Chorus cable subscription).. but I'd like the extra channels offered by these digital services.

Who do I call for info? What are the typical costs??

c0y0te

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Its not possible at present to watch 2 TV's watching two different channels from the one box, really each TV needs its own seperate box, but Sky only provide you with one. Most people here who have a second Sky box use a second-hand UK box, and watch the FTA-FTV channels available. In the UK Sky offer a second, low-cost subscription to another box, but this is not available here yet.

For getting a normal subscrption to Sky, best bet is to contact your local TV dealer. Installation costs vary, because sometimes Sky offer cheap installations with free digibox, I dunno what the current deal is at present. Other folk here will confirm. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

To watch 2 different channels on 2 different tvs at the moment you will need to get two digiboxes and two subscriptions. Sky are planning to introduce a mirror subscription so that for a reduced amount you will be able to have a second subscription at the one address. There is no fixed date for this as of yet.

You will be able to get one digibox for free, however you will have to pay for the second one. Sky sell them for £215 (Sterling) but they can be picked up for much less on ebay.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I believe DSG (Dixons/Curry's) are running a half price installation offer at the moment - you may want to check them out if your are living in Dublin (I believe there's one in Galway too).

Most of the time, these Sky offers require you to take Sky World though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by icdg
    you may want to check them out if your are living in Dublin (I believe there's one in Galway too).

there's a Curry's in Waterford too in case you're from the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

The problem I have is that currently I can watch whatever I want on either of the two TVs in the house, which is useful when wifey insists on watching some crap, and I want to view other stuff.

If I switch from my crappy Chorus cable solution to a nice sky solution... I have to pay for 2??? services in order to use two TVS???
    Not gonna happen I'm afraid. I guess I will just have to stick with the bog standard cable for now until Sky gets a clue about multiple TVs in the house.

c0y0te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I believe DSG (Dixons/Curry's) are running a half price installation offer at the moment - you may want to check them out if your are living in Dublin (I believe there's one in Galway too).

Yes this does require full package. I offer nationwide installation also but unfortunately am unable to offer the 1/2 price installation because it puts too much strain on cash flow (sky are lousy payers)

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

And waterford :)
    mm

Whoops....Mossy, I should read further down threads before I reply:D :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

Dixons is in Limerick also

Advertisement