Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows updates

• 09-07-2002 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

is there any way of downloading them onto a computer to burn onto a cd so you dont have to keep downloading them ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Have a machine installed with only the nic drivers and devices installed then instead of using http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com use http://updates.zdnet.com

Now when you get to download all your little fixes you can save them to your folder and keep em all for future reference, quite frankly I think it's a disgrace they expect us to go through the whole download all over again after each re-format........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

as far as IE goes just burn the Windows Update Setup Files directory onto the cd.. as long as theres an ie?setup executable in there it will pick up the files from the directory.

for the majority of windows updates its usually a case of downloading an executable (which is sometimes automatically run for you).. i always save these to a downloads directory, rename them to something understandable and then burn them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What's this Catchup software?
    i'm about to install it.
    Probably loaded with spyware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I don't care or know syx but it does a sweet job on the old quick scan and give ya what ya wantsy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement