Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTSC Question

• 09-07-2002 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

just a small question.

How do i check to see if my TV is NTSC compatible.

the reason is i was told that if i want to be able to play region 1 DVDs then i need an NTSC compatible TV.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

My tvs manual says it on the spec page. I dont know if there is a technical way to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

i could have a prob finding the manuel. think its dumped :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

region encoding has nothing to do with ntsc or pal.

as a rule of thumb if you bought your dvd player in a pal country it will play ntsc (it converts the encoded information on the dvd to pal).. your pal tv (unless its over about 15 years old) should display this signal grand... i've a 1990 philips and i've no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

thanks for the info kali

Advertisement