Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAs

Options
  • 09-07-2002 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Who was everyone's favorite RA?
    I can't remember half their names so when i get a fair idea i'll put in a poll.
    But for now, spill the beans!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

Dermot and Stephen were the soundest, in my opinion, though i didn't know many of them well enough to judge

PS. you can only have 10 items in a poll, and there were 13 RA's, although we can safely discount Rory and Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lint Demon

WHO can safely discount Rory and Chris??????!?!!??!? Tey were likely my second and third favorite RAs!! Ciara Laughnane was, of course, my favorite. Sweet little Ciara with all 50 of those guys in her course.... I think I will take up Computer nerding. It could be good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

u really have a bit of an obsession with all them boys in my course!!!! and i'm an electronic engineer (offically now cos i got all the letters and stuff about graduation in the post yesterday) not that i dont love computer people too

speaking of RA's, shouldn't you RA's and assistant programme managers be doing some work rather than talking on message boards?

its so sad but i'm no longer an ra. i'm in limerick with the little kids ctyi and they're all in class at the moment so i get to email.
    i'm sure adam is working really hard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kiwisco

Sorry ciara, u were so sound but my least fav goes to your brother for as it was put in the newsletter he left me with 'a newfound inability to tell the time' when he broke my 120$ watch after he retaliated in the soccer match like a little girl after i humiliatingly tackled him!!!

The best RA was my RA STEPHEN BURKE!!!!!!!! He rocked! with sarah second cos shes a Laois gal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Must you mention this precious watch of yours in every post?

ha, laois, everyone hates LAOIS. i mean, look at the name!! it doesn't spell anything remotely like what it sounds. i suppose it probably comes from having inhabitants whose favourite past times involved this little thing called bestiality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kiwisco

Bestiality is merely as popular in Laois as it is in any other county. And it'd be a welcome change from whatever inbreeding centre you've come from!!!! And I'm fairly sure that's the first post where i mentioned the cruel behaviour of evil Rory who tried to have me kicked. I have a photo of Bazookatone being stretched out by two guys 2 or 3 years ago! It's very funny! And for the record Laois have shot out celebrities like Darina Allen and that guy who reads the news according to Aisling? And we won an All Ireland last year! And we drove through it on the way to Birr and no one complained more than twice!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Anu

I think that my fave RA was Dermot cos he wrote me a really nice note at the end. And although i didnt actually talk to him til the last night he seemed dead on and really cool. Go Dermot!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

My favourite RA of all time would have to be... either declan from last year or peter burke from 99. declan cause he gave me POWER or peter cause he ripped the piss out of cillian constantly! ;p

... i dunno. rory was pretty cool too... is this the same rory though? red hair... grumpy? went to ctyi as a lad... pulled catrionas hair or some such... or was it he punched her in the face after she pulled his? can't remember the story... twas an old ctyi one i heard from him.... anyway...

<sob> i am so old, yet so young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

I loved Declan. And Ciara. And Adam. hmmmmmm, amd Im not even a nevermore yet. Im such a loser. Geez. I could laugh at myself. Really im not depressed or anyhitng, it just sounds like it because im tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Adam.recycled

Declan was over the other night , said hi / bye to everyone,

is't this your lucky day clare, u me and adam all here at the same time.

how u been?? my life is much less interesting without the beach boys bonanza and mardi gras nights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

How many RAs , CTYI staff people actually post here?

5 i know of , but only in the past while ,
    I have been reading the boards for the last 4 months , but only started posting now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

sneaky Adam, verrrrrrryy sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Adam
    5 i know of , but only in the past while ,
    I have been reading the boards for the last 4 months , but only started posting now.

Adam... adam... cute blondy guy with the camera last year?

This is Fionnuala, I hugged people quite alot (session 1 last year)

<< Fio >>

Dont know about cute , but i do have a camera,
    Hey you , howsa things?
    Too old to come this year???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Clare

adam.. im not sure if you remember me. im clare conroy, i stalked your RA group session two last year, with my cousin colin and the darling eoin and brian. i just sent off a package to roisin (the darling who dumped eoin), to be shared with him. feel free to steal some american candy from her if you want (she should have it in a week). and i see you are moving up in the world... assiant program coordinator? not bad.

im not sure who else i know here, but i hopefully know some of you. and if so, i would love to hear from you. this was to be my last year, after 3 previous years and 4 previous sessions i couldnt wait for this year. but i am here in the states stuck at summer school. :(
    anyway, after sending a package and now reading these posts and looking at pictures i am soooo sad that i am not there. i had forgotten that feeling it gives you. (and you know you miss it bad when even photos of the canteen warm your heart ;) )....

• Advertisement

Hi clare , hows things , took me a min to remember who you were?
    How is colin?

Yeah , thats a bit weird , the canteen bring tears to your eyes :-)
    anyway have a good summer

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Adam
    Dont know about cute , but i do have a camera,
    Hey you , howsa things?
    Too old to come this year???

Yes, I'm too old. Little 17 year old heading to college (yay!)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

hey clare!! remember me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Clare

im okay, adam, and yourself? colin is doing well, hes working and learning how to drive so he can get his license before school starts, otherwise he would be there as well. how is ctyi going this year?

and cait, of course i remember you, we were in the smae RA group twice, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Laura

hi clare, you don't know me at all. this was my first year at CTYI and Sharon Murray was my instructor for experimental biology. you mentioned in another thread that you wanted any news about them. so there you go.
    she's such a sweetheart. you were lucky to have her as an RA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i love sarah coll and jay. sarah's my R.A. this session, she's great. :)
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 joltgirl02

hi laura. this is d from your ra group. i liked elaine, dermot, j and ciara l. best of all. oh and eoin. and chris. damnit, its so hard to choose. lets just say they were all great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tracy

Hey Laura and D! I completely agree with Laura that Sharon rocked (was the best instructor by far (and don't ask me how I know-It's because I said so!)) As for my favourite RA's from this year- Elaine (such a QTpie!),Dermot, Ciara Loughnan (hope I spelt that right),Stephen and Ciara Greene-they all rocked!!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Favourite RAs this year were Marion (such a sweetie!) and Dermot.

Last year, Clare (who was back as a TA this year, woo hoo!) and Adam ('cause he's just so cool).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Yeah, Clare rocked! So did Adam and his sexy hair, best RAs last year were Tara and James though, although Breifne rocked aswell.

Advertisement