Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Checksum error!] - JDK installs under linux, WTF

Options
  • 09-07-2002 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Having installed linux on my machine, I am currently setting up my preffered development environments. First I got my Sun Developer Essential CDs, and proceeded to install the latest jdk by using a self extracting (.bin) in my home dir (using user_level privs). The licence agreement showed up, and when upon agreeing to the terms the install terminates, with a incorrect file size error. I tried serveral things to get this working, and nothing. So then I reverted back to the CDs, and selected a slightly older jdk, and the same thing happened that. The windows versions from these CDs installed with no problems.

So I then proceeded to go to java.sun.com and download the latest release manually. I did this befcause I thoguht there was something wrong with the ones of the disk (do you think? :rolleyes: ). Anyway after downloading that, the filesize read from the command line, corresponded to what Sun said it should be on their web site. I proceeded to install that one, and after the licence agreement the exact same thing happened and the install aborted.

Right I'm a tad pissed off now, coz this is stupid, and it's annoying me :)

Anybody seen this before

advTHANKSance ;)

;-phobos-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

I had the same problem a good few months back. I cannot remember what I did to resolve it but I may have used midnight Commander (mc) to view the file. I think it knew that there was a tar archive in it and I was able to copy the archive out of it. I think that is what I done but it may have been for something else. Its worth a try anyway.

Advertisement