Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vince russo quits wwe and joins nwa - tna!!!!!

Options
  • 09-07-2002 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

the tna website features a pic of jerry jarrett and the news of russo jumping ship to nwa - tna! it has not been acknowledged by the wwe and no doubt will be played down by jr et all but it is huge news for the tna and adds to their mounting threat to the wwe - russo had rejoined the wwe as a (lead?) booker but had been demoted at the behest of stephanie mcmahon within a few hours to the role of stay at home, creative consultant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

I think that is the final nail in wwe's coffin, I saw Russo as the one man who could turn things around, but those kind of politics are what brought wcw's eventual end.
    Russo didn't always have the best ideas but he was involved in a lot of the successful one's of recent years and I actually enjoyed his stint in wcw (except of course David Arquette as champion), even with everything collapsing around him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

which wrestler is this? i dont know many of their real names.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

Russo isn't a wrestler. He is a booker.
    He was part of WCW,WWF and WWA. To be honest i dunno if he fits in he likes his adult audience type of angles etc.

Remember WWA in Dublin in November was supposed to have A Skin To Win match that was when Russo was on board.

Still NWA:TNA can be a threat to WWE. I would love to see some tapes of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

i think that people, for whatever reason, seem to be fanatical about russo -either he saved wrestling or he killed wcw - - i personally think he had some great angles but it was both him and vince - and russos ego needs a vince to keep it in check - otherwise we end up with strange stuff him putting the wcw strap on himself - as for the arquette thing - i think that suits at tnt had a lot to do with that one - i dont think that russo alone either made the wwf or broke wcw and i dont see russo as the only thing that could have saved the wwe - its so much more complex than that and the whole issue has so many contributing factors - the one thing i hate about russo is his fixation with titilation - it really adds nothing to the promotion - if you want to see cleavage and innuendo look at playboy or men and motors or somrthing but back to the issue at hand yes it a huge signing for nwa and will surely add to them greatly

Advertisement