Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stat Counters

Options
  • 10-07-2002 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

A few basic requirements. Surprisingly hard to find though.... :mad:

-free
    -tracks individual pages aswell as entire site
    -top referers
    -last 100-or-so details
    -top entry/exit pages
    -no banner or counter image required (or at least hackable JavaScript)

I'm lost since stats4all.com went AWOL :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

tracking every single individual page of a website is very server intensive for a free service, without putting at least some advertisement on your site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Originally posted by nahdoic
    tracking every single individual page of a website is very server intensive for a free service, without putting at least some advertisement on your site.
    Sorry I should have been more specific, I just mean most popular pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Cheers for the recommendation daveirl!

Just replace the last 's' in the subject with a '.com' and your done :)

I registered that name 2 years ago, I can't believe it wasn't taken, considering there are a million and one stat counter services out there.

StatCounter meets all you're requirements, you can just put a few statcounters on different pages to track the most popular pages independently.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

A good log analyser that is very cheap is "Advanced Log Analyzer". Search for it on www.alltheweb.com and get the 30 day demo. It has a good last x amount of visitor paths so you can actually check what visitors went to on your site and how long they spent on each page. It's my favourite feature of the program and use it to track users that I actually know their ip address from promotions, etc. Easily follow up with the information that they were particularly looking at.

Regards,

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Thanks for all the help lads, but Stats4All has resurrected itself just in time :p
    I'm half way through coding my own one anyway, much better in the long run.

Advertisement