Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless networks with net access

Options
  • 10-07-2002 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

guys take a look at this, would eircon follow the same path if they knew we were sharing access via wirless (irishwan style)....I know its not happening just yet but its something to think about

http://www.msnbc.com/news/778136.asp?0dm=T11LT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Don't think you'll have a problem with a IrishWAN/Satellite solution, and any of the Satellite providers I've talked to have not had an issue with this.

Eircom on the other hand will no doubt have you from bed to court in a matter of seconds (unless of course you advise them of your intentions and pay the appropraite kings ransom which they will duly demand).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Companies like Aramiska sell the service for 30PCs, or 100 if you pay more ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭muchos_bongo

It's not that they're reusing the service it's that they are proividing a single user account to many. When I worked for one of the less popular ISPs we had many business users using residential accounts for commercial purposes and for resale.
    ISPs don't have a problem with multiple access accounts as long as they are used as per the T&C. They are businesses after all. People seem to forget that...

Advertisement