Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos Session 1

Options
  • 10-07-2002 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

you guys asked for it :-)
    here it is
    http://www.ents.dcu.ie/p.php?TopicID=session01

Thanks for being a great bunch

Adam

Which was the best? 11 votes

Water balloon night with spin relay
    0% 0 votes
    Quiz night
    100% 11 votes
    Trip to santry
    0% 0 votes
    Trip to birr
    0% 0 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

the pictures on the site won't load

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Adam.recycled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

the second link works. thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kiwisco

Brilliant photos adam! You gotta love the third one on the fifth row- for any1 who didnt see this in motion, Aunghus completely missed the orange but found sanctuary with another similarly spherical object much to lorna's displeasure! It was hilarious! Have you not got any photos from the excellent relay! any1 who has any please announce it because they would be so funny! And adam could you not have withheld the picture of me and F..eoin..a dancing across the stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lint Demon

and wheres mardi gras!!!?!?!?!? aw. not gettin on you too much. i just wanted a copy of that.

• Advertisement

ahhhh , i missed a few of the pics,
    they are up now , at the same link ,
    inc the classic one of eoin the legal studies instructor, and the pics with the results of the elections , hotest staff member , student etc.
    Clares pic

and the rest
    here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

Adam- the pics are great! thanx so much for taking the time to put them all up! They are so priceless: some of them are so hilarious! thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Anu

Thank you for putting the photos up Adam!!! and for doin it so quickly. They're great. Thanks!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lint Demon

YEAH!!! Mardi Gras!!!!! Thank you so much Adam, I love you forever! And those trampolining trip pics are pretty risque! Is Declan in the trampolining club? I so didnt see him as a trampoliner. Hmm.

• Advertisement

Nahhh , Declan ,chris and clare tagged along for the crack ,
    And well they are not as bad as some of the pics from the wet t shirt competition , or the af soc strippers night :-)

how are you now that your home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

Oh I saw those too. I wasnt even going to mention. That poor guy whoever he was that got photographed hanging out of his little panties. i would hate to be alot of those people. Om ok at home. Not too busy, but Im leaving for dance camp on saturday night. I miss everyone so much. And wish I could be back at CTYI. Its 1 am here and i just watched a mushy girly movie and Im all sad. Oh dear. And hows camp? It must be horrible without that ray of sunshine to light up your morning! :) oh but really im just a bit sad right now. Thats all. I should probably go to sleep.

Yeah , You prob should get some rest , I bet "Dance camp " will be really hard on the body :-)

Will there be any guys there?/ (any straight guys)

Yeah , its been raining since friday :-(
    But the course is going well , crowd is a lot older , so will be interesting to see how the 1st disco goes , but i wont be there , heading to WITNNESS this weekend

Adam

Oh you too! It seems like everyone is going! or maybe I just think that..... I dont know if there will be any guys there. Probably but it doesnt really matter, seeing as I'm not going to be up to anything with them. Maybe I will hook my friends up. That disco should be, well, ....interesting. I'd like to know about he LAST disco! And at dance camp we actually do real work! Its not just an excuse to go and meet people!!! You may THINK thats what it is, but I am actually going to be learning how to be a better .....(here comes the kicker, no slagging ladies and gentlemen, please.....)..........Irish dancer. Yep. Im out of the closet. There it is. Maybe you already knew it. Whatever. I just felt like writing something suspenseful adn exciting, but it didnt really work because I put something stupid i there. Oh well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

can i upload my photos somewhere, webmasters? there are some good ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Well I added an atari jaguar cause i wasnt there, god i feel so dirty, it's all adams fault i swear!

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 joltgirl02

hi adam. thanks a mil for the pics!!! have fun at witness and the rest of ctyi too. we want all the gossip...

yes, adam, the gossip is a must (muahahaha)
    and alaskagirl, u have inspired me to come out of the closet, too (lol) - I am also an irish dancer! (gasp!)
    are u going to camp rince ceol in N.Y.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

thanx ;) .

np ,
    anyway at least this session we are not going to birr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

No, Im going to Shawnigan Lake in Victoria, B.C. I almost went to Rince Ceol!!!! So close! I think a friend of mine is actually going to be a counselor there though...... Meghan Dornan. Short (very), brunette, from Alaska! Ok, but anyways, where do you live? And who are you again? This is rad! Anybody else? Sven? I can so imagine you being a closet Irish Dancer...

hey- i know her! (well, she was a counselor last year, right? i went 4 three weeks last year (3 sessions) so i kinda knew her.) but, as to who I am, my name is Hannah, i'm from NYC. i think we talked on the first day- but i honestly can't remember for sure. well, if u ever get the chance to go to rince ceol- do! It's awesome! (not as awesome as ctyi, even tho we dance there 24/7. haha) well, it must be a long way from alaska, so i don't blame ui for not going! well, i gtg- what class did u take, by the way? i took irish writers.:)

WHat do you do at dance camp?
    is it 3 weeks..?
    Are there boys?
    The discos must be really corny

There is a cheile on here next week ,
    so we will have dancing classes today.

So dance camp meets ctyi

HA!!!! they took our idea!!! clare and i are so smart. wow. We can change the world. At Shawnigan Lake they have a bunch of different classes that one can take. its not just irish dancing. they have .....bagpiping and other, um, stuff... and highland dancing. but yeah, you take on main class and can have an elective. i am taking irish dance with pilate. i am going to be whipped. oh dear. but anyways.... yeah. its only a week. but we can go kayaking and stuff. summer camp things. like games and sports and like. and we have a cheile at the end. and a "talent" show. NOTHING IS AS GOOD AS CTYI. There ARE boys. But maybe not as many in Irish dancing. or any kind of dancing.. there are guys in the other areas of study though. like piping and fiddle and whatnot. Some of my guy friends from Alaska that are dancers are going. my brother is going. um. hes a guy. it doesnt really matter though. im not hooking up with any of them. They dont have discos, but if they did, im sure they would suck. especially in comparison to CTYI discorgies.

hmmm....well, in response to all ur questions, adam- at my dance camp we have two classes a day that are 2 to 3 hours each of just irish dance. we have warm up in the morning, and pilates classes, and ceilis everynight, as well as a talent show and music classes if we want. but overall, it adds up to about 6 to 7 hours of dancing a day. it's like boot camp for irish dancers:D

U guys are having dance classes session 2?!?!?! NOT FAIR!!!!! haha.
    sniffsniff- us session 1 people are feeling a bit neglected!
    just kidding.
    oh- adam- the discos are REALLY REALLY corny. u are right. and its a co-ed camp, but very few boys come. (VERYVERY few.) but to reiterate it yet again: IT IS NOWHERE NEAR AS FANTABULOUS AS CTYI.

and the sessions are only a week long- and there are about 5 sessions. so i went three sessions last year, but it was a lot shorter than that sounds- it was only 3 weeks (but that was a lot when it comes to irish dancing boot camp! haha)

but next year, u should try to come to rince ceol, clare! my dancing got A LOT better from going there!!!! :-)

sorry this ended up being so long- i'm sure not that many of u care this much about irish dance. haha. unless u r a closet irish dancer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

yeah, I can't imagine a lot of guys going to irish dance camp.(especially not in brooklyn)

Is it just me, or is "Pardon Me" by Incubus REALLY depressing? or is it just me reminiscing about something?

i just remembered! did you know owen barrington??? he would have been one of the only dudes....

ignoring the "smart american is an oxymoron" thing. hahaha. :-)

• Advertisement

yeah i was ignoring it. my favorite is "oh, well shes Alaskan, eh? At least thats better than being American." People think Alaska is its own country.

Advertisement