Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

band names

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

the uncrushables !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

nice to see ya over this side of the world OLDYELLER!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Kurdt hola , yeah i`m rarely in this forum , must come over more often !

Somebody said 'plate tectonics'! quality! I thought of that name when I was in school, i know its crap, but its still a bit of a coincidence. Then I messed around with it and came up with 'The Platatonics'. I thought that sounded kinda cool! But sounded too much like The Stereophonics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

i'd hate to play in a band the name of which the band members didn't come up with.

i seriously think you'd be making a mistake adopting a name someone else suggests.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Do you know though, bands in other countries might have some of these names.

Q-Do you register your band's name once you have made a cd lets say,or when do ya do it?

Im tired-am i makin sense?

How bout "No Data"-and thats simply cause im lookin at my Radiohead cd!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

You can have any of the names of the bands I was in at school, I took 'em with me, no-one else wanted them.

The Killer Pencils
    (Debut single 'I can fit a first year in my locker')

Vicious Bananas
    (Debut single 'What the f**k is that?')

***** ******* and the ********

Psycho Locker (with the broken door)

Flypaper For Freaks

The Ugly Stick
    (Debut single 'Your F***king Face Annoys Me')

(If anyone has a copy of this I'd be really grateful, were you in Wayne's garage on the 28th Feb 1993?)

As you can see they are all classroom / canteen activity related.
    The fact that we couldn't actually play/ only had borrowed instruments/never practised didn't slow us down for a second.

Silverfish

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

And I nearly forgot.....

The Heretics Society
    (Songs: 'There was a suprise locker inspection and I had to flush twenty marlboro down the jacks' and 'Suspension for Non Co-operation with Rule 18')

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

How about Osama And The Bastards? Your first album could be inspired by The Manics, entitled This Is My Arse, Ask It. Then you could release This Is My Arse, Wipe It. After that it would be This Is My Arse, Kiss It. Best of all, This Is My Arse, Smell It:The Best Of Osama And The Bastards.

You'd go a long way.

Advertisement