Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Quake 3

Options
  • 10-07-2002 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Is not going to happen for me. Why is the thing still €45?! I was in game in limerick the other week, and saw it for that price. Nearly coughed up my Twix. I said it to a few of the crowd in irc, and got a few "nah you'll get it cheaper, I saw it for 20 quid before christmas etc". Well, it's still 45 euro in game in limerick, and I was in dublin over the weekend, and yep, same price. Whats worse is they have a "lowest price Guarantee" sticker on the box. Is someone having a laugh? How old is the game now, and they're still trying to flog it at this price? I couldn't find it in Smyths btw. There's a load of Quake 2 copies for like 16 euro or something, but I've been warned away from that :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

I picked up a copy of Q3 at Virgin Megastores in Cork for €20 last year. If there's a megastore nearby you could try ordering a copy from 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

isnt quake3 gold edition coming out, arena + team arena (what the hells the difference anyways, only played arena b4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

You should be able to pick up Quake + Quake II + Quake III for 20 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

where exactly?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Virgin in liffey valley have Q3 for €19.00.Bought one couple of weeks ago-still had a few left yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by Gerry
    where exactly?
    Saw it in Game in Blanchardstown a while back.

And DOOM + DOOM II + other levels for the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seen that in Virgin liffey valley meself
    and it was same in Game in liffey valley
    and unsurprisingly for all 3 it s 16.99 in Smiths.
    kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

just copy it you gays
    you dont even need a cd key now with the 1.31 patch.
    avail of EB's 5 day no quibbles return **** nad copy it. use an excuse like " i thought it was for my amiga" or something

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

borrow->crack . simple. applies to nearly all games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Morons, if a game is good, sometimes a guy would like to reward the developers, how do you think they made the game in the first place. By living off the income you give them with your warezing crap.

@rseholes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

hey i have no money. i'm a poor student. might as well crack it than not play it at all.

Advertisement