Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VMware

• 10-07-2002 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone had ever used VMware and if so is it good? Is it hard to use etc. Just what general experiences people might have had with it.

Thanks

< Cond0r >

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yeah we use it ocassionally in our company (though I haven't used it myself).

Very handy for setting up mini test networks very quickly etc..

e.g. for testing a server product on a range of different server OS'es, all on the one machine (within the same host OS)..

VMWare workstation supports:
    Host OS - Runs on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Linux

Guest OS
    Microsoft operating systems including Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 3.1,and MS-DOS 6
    Popular Linux distributions including Red Hat, SuSE Linux, and Linux-Mandrake
    FreeBSD 3.x, 4.3
    and various Novell Netware server installations (unsupported)

Advertisement