Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Info PLEASE READ!!!

Options
  • 10-07-2002 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Metallica the biggest name in heavy metal have recorded a song with rapper Ja Rule, and producer Swizz Beatz the track is called "We Did It Again" and it features James singing on it aswell plus some new riffs Kirk and James have done these new riffs will also be on songs from their new album coming out this august. The album that this song is on is called "G.H.E.T.T.O" and will be released on July 16th.

Currently Metallica's own producer Bob Rock will be playing bass for Metallica on their new album and is going to be palying bass on their upcoming tour, Metallica will be playing in Dublin dates have yet to be announced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

.... in other news, pig seen flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

posted already :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Ah....who gives a fiddlers about Metallica's current output...

They could do a record with Michael Nyman and there output would still boarder on the medicore....

It's the past we have to live on with those shower of money graping shítehawks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This is old news.

I've heard the song with Ja Rule, and I can honestly say, it's the worst thing Metallica have ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

tallica's dun nuthin since justice....:D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Metallica are my favourite band :(, I was so disappointed when I heard about this...
    But as already said, this isn't any new news. Metallica.com has all that info tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Bob Rock is a punter.
    I balme him for the Metallica slide since he started producing them with the Black Album.

If they come to Dublin, and I'm around i wont go in protest.

hasbeens pffffttt :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

metallica well rock!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Originally posted by OLDYELLAR
    metallica well rock!!!!!

Hell ya!!!
    :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

hell ya is right , go on da metallica!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yeah, the Metallica from the early days rock. as for the **** they've been releasing for the past while..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Just downloaded this "We did it again" tune.
    For the love of future generations, delete this from your hardrive with immediate effect. If this is indicative of Metallica's current creative prowess...God help us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

It's the past we have to live on with those shower of money graping shítehawks.....

and:
    tallica's dun nuthin since justice....

And:
    as for the **** they've been releasing for the past while..........

'nuff said...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Ok yes i myself has just downloaded the new song. i'm dissapointed too say the least you can't hear James singing in it at all, he just says two lines all over again GGGRRRR, i can't belive they went and done it with a rapper, as James said earlier when the band started out "you will never hear a rapper on one of Metallica's track" but then again it's not Metallica's track just the music is it's all down to the producer Swizz Beatz and he sux ass GGGGGRRRRR :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Actually Swizz Beatz is a fairly decent "rap" producer. What Metallica were doing on a track produced by him is a bit strange. Maybe they saw how popular this kind of hybrid **** is and they wanted a slice of the pie too.
    Each to their own I say, let the rappers stick with the rappers and metal bands stick with metal bands.
    HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE POP? maybe...
    It's not like they even picked a decent rapper in the first place, pfffft Ja Rule, he's a *cough* r 'n' b thug *cough*.

Moral of the story: some past it metal band try to rejuvinate their career by using what is popular at the moment, only for it all to come crashing down around them.

Of course, if the little Limp Bizkit heads hear they may in fact like it.

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Moral of the story: some past it metal band try to rejuvinate their career by using what is popular at the moment.

Mak, that's pretty much Nail/Hammer/Head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

On the other hand, Metallica are still very musical, and I have to admit, that while IMO Ride was their best, I have thoroughly enjoyed every single Metallica album.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yes Metalica have gone naff since the Black Album (which was an excellent album btw :P) the later stuff such as load and reload have been terrible as its just not metallica. I still love the guys for the simple reason they gave us some of the greatest albums of all time in Master Of Puppets and Ride The Lightning. And as for them to play in Dublin id still go and see them play.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    And as for them to play in Dublin id still go and see them play.
    Ditto. I won't enjoy any of their newer stuff but hopefully they will play at least 1hr 15 mins of Pre-...And Justice For All stuff.

If they play any stuff off Load or Re-Load, I'll probably throw something at them. Fuel would be the only one I could tolerate. But I still don't like that song.

Go off topic flaming again, and I'll close the topic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement