Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know someone like this?

• 04-05-2000 11:15pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

NT/ASP or VB/Webaware with SQL7 experience.

If you do there is a good job waiting for him and a finders fee for you (if he is hired).
    Mail me at devore@spinsol.com.

Multiple positions available. Kewl place to work.

Timewasters, morons and chancers *particularly* welcome.

Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

pic me pic me smile.gif

same post as the tech boards smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'm sorry sutty, but u should really run all your posts through words spellchecker.

** STRONG HINT****** or I will nuke you smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Gerry (edited 10-05-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I'm sorry sutty, but u should really run all yorur posts through words spellchecker

er..pot...kettle...?

frist off Phil, u is spelled you, and yorur is spelled your!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

wwman just got that smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

My little mistake was caused by typing too fast. Sutty makes mistakes on nearly every word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

I am great. I am probably the best person in the college. Terrific I am.

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

perl/php/mysql ? smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Dev,
    I know what they all are, does that count !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Hmm let me see VB6, MTS, COM, OOD/P, SQL 6.5/7, OLAP, Crystal Reports, Data warehousing all with industry experence smile.gif I'm great so I am.

KaYoS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Tom you got any lower level programming requirements? Something like C?

Al.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Kayos, if you are looking to train up in web/asp/sql (some of which you already seem to have) gimme a shout at tom@spinsol.com
    I'm looking for talented programmers who can walk the walk. Muchos corporate systems to write but the company itself (Spin Solutions) is a kewl place to work.

Trojan, nothing in the C area. Corporate programming in the web world tends to be asp or perl based.

Kali, we've looked at and tested perl php and mysql. The first 2 are good, but MySql isnt for the corporate world tbh. When you consider that VB is the largest single programming language in the world (true fact btw), its easy to see how ASP is going to rule the net. Its actually pretty damned good, which is shocking coming from M$.

If you know of anyone like that who is sitting in a Dilbert office somewhere with a pointy haired manager. Mail this to him (UBB now supports mail, link is up top...)

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I cant see many ppl gettin by in web development without at least a basic understanding of perl.
    php is damn powerful.. enabling authentication, permissions, session management, user profiles and the like to be built up, thrown into a db etc.

anyway learn how to use zope (www.zope.org)
    if only because it sounds cool smile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Troj - My crowd are looking for a C coder - mail us yer CV to karl@spindrome.com

Draco

[This message has been edited by Draco (edited 18-05-2000).]

Draco - reply in the mail (it says "not right now" fyi). Go raibh maith agat smile.gif

Kali - can I take your response to mean that you think "web development" is the place to be for the foreseeable future? (Ack: it stated as a web-thread)

Interesting.

I still don't know where I want to go...

Al.

Question I'm pondering: what do I need to learn?

This is a question I'm never tired of asking (because for one thing the answer changes every 3 months).

Where's Java at now? Has everyone forgotten it?

Perl sounds like a good bet. What about PHP? An amazing amount of sites are using this language. To me it appeared out of the blue a coupla months ago.

I'm interested in seeing what people think in general. Lets have a good flame war!! smile.gif

Al.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

PHP is good.
    ASP/SQL will own it tho. Esp on Win2K servers. Not right now, but in the future.

Lots of people talking about the downfall of MS but at the same time, stats showing Netscape is nowhere, and on server side NT/2K are the only *relatively* increasing servers.
    MS has a long way to go yet but its certainly hit paydirt with ASP. If you know VB you know 70% of ASP.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 macarthy

>> If you know VB you know 70% of ASP.

What about ColdFusion????
    If you known HTML you can easly use the simple parts of ColdFusion, and Tom , you should know how hard it is to get staff. In the state, where the are still way ahead in the curve, more companies are moving to CF than ASP, mostly because it's easier to get. Add to that CF is native on RedHat, Solarias, has tight intergration with Java, (soon to complete intergrated with JRun) , full support for JavaBeans, Servlets, COM, Combra , LDAP, you can extend the language though C++,Delphi and Java , + a whole load of other features....

Now I know my ASP + Mts, Perl, ++, and I know that in some cases there is a perform hit using CF, but It's easier To Code The basics, and generally, easy code = less mistakes, quicker learning curve for staff and faster solutions, all which please clients....

~Justin MacCarthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 macarthy

Hey! its hard to type into the reply box - it's too small!! Can't you make to bigger???

There is loads of room even for 640x480
    The spelling would improve too...

Advertisement