Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland away games

• 10-07-2002 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Who gets to show Ireland away games on tv? If its sky i think i'll pay the 699 euro to get to moscow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

At the moment, RTE have a joint bid in with BBC for the coverage of the away games, and judging by the reaction to the FAI's deal with sly sky, i think thats the deal that will go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

I thought it was negociated between rte and the football association representing the away team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Ciaran

What usually seems to happen is that the companies holding the rights to the games (i.e. the TV company who got the rights to Swiss home games, the TV company who got the rights to Russian home games, etc.) negotiate with the company holding the Irish rights and they settle some kind of swap deal. This doesn't always happen however but is a good possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yeah the swap deal might be a safe bet, given that we have no main powers in our group like Italy or Spain etc etc, but the Russians could be cowboys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

From what I hear there's a good chance that Sky will be able to secure the rights to the away games as well which would be a pisspoor situation getting a lot worse. It's seems that I'm being forced to go to the pub, hmmm maybe this isn't such a bad idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement