Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Soulfly album...

• 10-07-2002 5:29pm
    Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was talking to a friend who bought it yesterday and he says he is quite disappointed by it. I was thinking of buying it a while ago but I've been put off by reviews and the word going around these parts about it. Anyone have any input on this?

Also, he said one of the "controversial" tracks on it, 9-11-01 wasn't working. He said there would be nothing for 51 seconds and then it would skip onto the next track. Anyone have this same problem and anyone know if it was taken off by the record company?

As you can see I'm fairly uninformed. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Not a patch on the other 2. Nothing revolutionary. Yet again, there's a song for Dana (featuring Max's 2 sons singing). Not really any guest appearances other than that.

It's Ok, but not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Kharn
    Not really any guest appearances other than that.

Surely this is a good thing?

To me, the album is far more cohesive, and much heavier, as a result. At least they sound like a band now, and not "Max Cavalera and Friends".
    Best of the three.

Advertisement