Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zonealarm problem

Options
  • 10-07-2002 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Im having cookie troublke with this Firewall anyone else got it and find they cant stay logged into wesbites thay have logins for???

I ahve about 6 i cant stay logged into i have disabled cookie control but still no luck only when i shut downt he firewall it seems to work...

thx

Kdja

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

What version U running???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

3.0 pro
    about to update to 33

kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

I had some problems with Zone 3 under XP, the product has just gone through a major upgrade and I suspect there are numerous undocumented features to deal with here. Even with cookie control turned off try dropping your security level down to medium, may fix things, I got sick of it, any attempt at automation on a firewall is dodgey, so I switched back to 2.6nn and have had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

I cant view some sites due to Zone Alarm , I tried lowering the secruity but it did not work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I haven't had any major problems with ZoneAlarm that couldn't be fixed by looking at the log - look for entries from the IP of the website you are connecting to that may appear to be blocked (e.g. couldn't figure out why ftp wasn't working, when zone alarm was happily blocking the data channel doh). I don't see why it would affect you here, but there you go. What you could do is add the ip of the site(s) to your 'trusted hosts' and accept the risk (minimal imo). I don't use the cookie or ad blocking features.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i got it working and honestly have no clue how.
    i never instaled the update and it just starting working logging me in and letting me host games.

I read the instructions and couldnt see anything useful.
    But it works now and i can host game s:)

Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

For cookies just go to PRIVACY and set the control level there.

Advertisement