Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Interactive BBC News 24 in Ireland

• 10-07-2002 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed, for the last week, when you switch on BBC Interactive during the news on BBC1/BBC2 using an Irish sub card, the BBC News 24 service is not available.
    But on my FTV cards it is always available.
    What is the BBC's reasoning for switching this service off?
    Does somebody else have the rights to 24 hour BBC news in the Republic.:p
    If so, who?
    What a shower of petty ***** the BBC are.:D

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've never been able to view the News24 feed even though I could access Live Extra, Sports etc.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by carrolls
    Has anyone else noticed, for the last week, when you switch on BBC Interactive during the news on BBC1/BBC2 using an Irish sub card, the BBC News 24 service is not available.

it must be your digibox, i've always had access to it at any time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Erm, you must be going ga ga!

News 24 has never worked there. Its not meant to!
    You can choose News Headlines, Sport, Weather and Live Plus, but never News 24, either from the yellow button or "option 1" in News interactive.

what i posted earlier was in referance to the service on BBCi and not BBC News 24 but i didn't think there was a difference between the 2 of them

We ccould never view BBC News 24 through this backdoor method.

Remember kids, BBC News 24 is not available on Irish Sky cards :)

(Damo shuffles off in his slippers in search of his smoking jacket and pipe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Cheers Damo for the info,
    Last week was the first time I ever tried it.
    Still it's a trifle petty of the BBC don't you think?

I think everyone knows my opinions on News 24; there is no rights issues involved, so why not?

Its only because we cant see it on EPG 507, that the channel is blocked and unviewable in BBCi. In BBCi, try changing to BBC4 or BBC Choice via the yellow key. Same result. The only channels we can switch to in BBCi are BBC1, BBC2, and the 4 rolling News interactive screens. :(

(Damo finds big comfy armchair, stokes the fire and lights up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by DamoDMC
    Remember kids, BBC News 24 is not available on Irish Sky cards :)

(Damo shuffles off in his slippers in search of his smoking jacket and pipe)

We'll bring you in the paper, your reading glasses, and a nice mug of cocoa too :)

Good lad, you know yer place :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

BBC are showing the British Open with interactive facility. The BIG question - will it be available in ROI?- Roll on Thursday

• Advertisement

Originally posted by robert muldoon
    BBC are showing the British Open with interactive facility. The BIG question - will it be available in ROI?- Roll on Thursday

my opinion is that it will be available here as was the case with Wimbledon (when they remembered to turn it on that is!!!)

And then theres the commonwealth games starting on july 27th...
    I wonder will they give us that....?
    Us having left the commonwealth and all:D
    mm

Advertisement