Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex-Cons

• 10-07-2002 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

I got this from another message board, but there might be a few peeps here who'd find it interesting. Or at least find it ironic.
    Former Emperor drummer Bard G. Eithun (aka Faust) has revealed that he's been chosen as the drummer for the first Dissection album since Storm of the Light's Bane.
    Apparently, frontman Jon Nödtveit is planning on rehearsing for the album in spring 2003, uniting two former convicts Eithun and Nödtveit in what will be a publicity stampede, and possibly one of the most anticipated albums to come from the death metal world. Not much is known at this point.

Pretty cool, eh?

Only thing is, that whoever wrote this little peice said "Death Metal" when Dissection are in fact a Black Metal band. As were Eithun's old bands Emperor, and Thorns.

It always annoys me when people mix up Death and Black.
    I mean, can anyone really draw comparisons between Emperor, and Canibal Corpse?
    Muppets.

Comments

wasnt Faust that guy who stabbed a homosexual in a park in Oslo in front of dozens of kids after the guy came on to him.

Wasnt Mortiis the bass player for emperor for a while.Whats the scenario with that guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well, you got it half right.
    It was at night, and he brought him out far into the woods... No kids around at all.

And Mortiis was actualy the original Bass player.
    He was also on the Wrath Of The Tyrant album.
    Then he went on to do some kind of soundtrack style music, as best I can describe it.
    Then recently he went on to do some gothic/industrial/darlwave.

I quite like his stuff.
    He's fecking original anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

was it Mortiis who released Parasite God?

Yes, that's the man... Funny looking troll type person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

ohhh this just got a whole lot better :) i've got ants in my pants now..new dissection..WOW!
    when is/was jon out of jail? the last i heard was they let him bring in recording equipment.

• Advertisement

Well they let Varg bring in equipment.
    But since he paid off the entire national debt he had by album sales within 3 month, they stopped that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I was talking to a couple of Norwegain friends of mine....

And they were telling me how this guy over there, who was suprise into black metal, stored up dynamite in his flat in order to blow up Norway's only medival Cathedral.....

Some Black Metallers have no sense of humour.....

"This is the house of God....but where is the landlord?.....the Bible reads like the rambling of a drugged horse...":D

Yeah, Black Metal is pretty up it's own arse, to be honest.
    I mean, destroying stuff like Cathedrals isn't very productive, is it?

Advertisement