Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avril Lavigne

Options
  • 10-07-2002 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi.

I'm just curious as to how many people know Avril Lavigne exists.
    She is a new Canadian artist who is currently storming through the States, but is yet to be released here!

I don't remember how high her single ('Complicated') went, but her album 'Let Go' went to number 5. She is a singer/songwriter who writes upbeat rock songs and I can't get her out of my head.

Check out http:\\www.avril-lavigne.com for more details

I'm in no way affiliated with Avril or Arista, I'm just sick of being the only Avril fan I know and want to see does anybody like what they hear (There are sound clips at avril-lavigne.com)

I asked for her song Sk8er Boi on phantom and I can't remember who it was, but he didn't know she existed.

I know I have gone on a bit, but I'd really like to know if anybody shares my love for Avril's music

Colin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Don't know to much about her. But I had a few tracks sent to me by my canadian buddies etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Dont know much bout her myself either, but her album IS out over here. My shop has it on sale. Only reason I noticed is coz she looked pretty hot!! I'll have a listen on your advice though, sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Saw the video on trl was not impressed.... thought she was trying too hard to come off as alternative and RAWK what with her alternative threads and the like when the music is pretty Unrocking and completely unremarkable...... sorry to rain on the parade.... if you dig her then more power to ya:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Hey! I saw her vid on TRL it was pretty good. She seems to be a bit like Michelle Branch. It's a catchy tune alrite. My brother fancies her too!

Anyway...

See Ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Hey saw her vid on TRL and on Kerrang! Tv late last night actually, very cool. And she plays the guitar too- girls kick ass!! hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

Yeah! More Avril fans (the fact that there are only 5 others know she exists and one doesn't like her can't take me down off this crazy Non-drug enduced high!)
    Its good to know that I'm not alone in my taste in music. Gurls with Guitars rule!

Hey Horsekick. where do you work, cause when I went looking for it (4 June) nowhere had it. Tower got it in shortly after, but only one copy (which I have)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

I work in Golden Discs out in Donaghmede, got it before last Friday I think. Actually forgot to take it take it home, ah well there's always tomorrow.

Advertisement