Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury

Options
  • 10-07-2002 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

Anyone go to Glastonbury? How was it? I envy all of you bastard's that attended.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

i went, i saw, i loved. it was the most incredible experience of my life... i was there from wednesday-monday, and WOW. you see some crazy funk over there. i plan on going every single year till i die, and maybe i'll wanna die over there. it's THAT good.

fortunately this year i managed to miss ole' rolfie harris (i was bbq-ing my breakfast and nursing a hangover as he was playing), though i did catch some fantastic acts. ani difranco was funkin great, as were orbital, garbage, belle & sebastian (who closed their set with "the boys are back in town" by thin lizzy)... pretty much everyone i saw was great, with a few exceptions. namely black rebel motorcycle club (either they played the same song over and over for 45 mins, or every track sounded the same. i couldn't tell), and no doubt (lots of energy, no substance).

oh, and if you all think the silly little portapotties at witnness are bad, you haven't a clue! try going to a festival with 100,000+ merry pissers... waking up in the morning to discover the poo pusher van hasn't arrived to clean up the loos and they're ALL full. full of poo and pee and other such nasties. goodness.

all in all, wonderful festival. lots of music, love, drugs, and beautiful hippies. go next year.

(spiel over)

Advertisement