Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weapon Modelling

• 10-07-2002 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

Can anyone here list tools with which you can make weaopons/guns for half-life??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I dont really know but i got this thing yesterday.. allows you to view all the models in the differant positions...

You can get it here: http://bunkers.dayofdefeatmod.com/cgi-bin/links/jump.php?ID=84
    And mapping stuff here: http://www.dodhq.com/downloads/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=9 and here: http://bunkers.dayofdefeatmod.com/cgi-bin/files/Tools/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I don't do any modeling for quake , but is it possible to import say DXF files of weaponary into 3dmax and then use that and eport them some how for quake or another quake based modeling program to pick up. Reason I'm asking is the free section on www.3dcafe.com have a load of weapons but they are in DXF format.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Raven, again, is the one to talk to for this.
    I've used 3D model viewers, but never had the patience to master an actual modeller. 3DMax seemed a bit too daunting for me, but there are others out there.

Try running a few searches in your browser and see what you come up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

It's 3d studio max that you use for modelling. Or you can use milkshape but it's hard...

Talk to raven, he pwnz @ modelling :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Evil George you can import .dxf's and then put them into quake but you still have to animate it. 3d Studio is the best for modelling as it is what valve use and its what most tutorials are based on. Then theres Milkshape which has all the commands and tools that you need for modelling but its kinda crappy. Plus you can't save if its unregistered but thats not a big problem :) You CAN use any program that can save as .max or can convert from .whatever to .max but i don't know any programs that can do this. If you can't get 3d studio anywhere or god forbid you have to pay for it then i'd use milkshape. Its crap but it has everything to make a complete model with animation. BTW i put some skinning and model links in the sticky with the mapping links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

where can i get a tutorial for Gmax, does anyone know?? i spent ages downloading it in the vauge hope i could model weapons, skins or even maps with it.
    What does it do and how do i do it???

Advertisement