Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Cable

Options
  • 10-07-2002 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

I need to extend my isdn down to my room, im moving my computer from upstairs, to downstairs, and the isdn terminal/box or whatever you want to call it is upstairs. To feed a cable throught the attic down to my roof ill need one about 10-12m long.

Problem is ive checked websites all over the net, tried all my local shops and the longest they all have is 2m, ne1 no where i can get a longer cat5 cable with rj45 connectors on it?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jester

nah im with bt, their engineers would hardly piss on you if you were on fire, let along come out and move your isdn terminal for free.

anyone know where i can get a cable long enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

standard unshielded cat5 cable
    will do nicely
    buy nice set moulded lenghts or by the meter

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Most places should sell them by the metre. Peats have a "select your length" service. I've seen 5-8 metre cables on sale in Compustore (too short for your needs though)

Advertisement