Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Amp... Highly Recommended

Options
  • 11-07-2002 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Folks...

If any of you are in the Amp market at the moment, take a gander at the Fender Hot Rod Deville 212.

Had been thinking about it for a couple of weeks. It was between that and a Marshall TSL, but I bought the thing, brought it home and for a frickin 60W combo amp its loud. I seriously can't turn it up past 4 and stay in the room - and I'm pretty deaf after 10 years of playing loudly... Damn Logarithmic pots....

On a Les Paul with low output pickups it overdrives so sweetly, very crisp distortion but will feedback beautifully when you find the sweet spot in the room. Sorry if it sounds sexual but phoooooar!!

Standard Les Paul sounds just as good, as does a Strat with humbucker bridge. Burns Brian May sounds excellent, very crisp and clean.

There's three channels and with a little playing about you can go from cleanish to dirty to lead with just the foot switch. It's €1200, but an amp for life if you do spring for it....

Its not a metal/nu-metal amp, don't even bother if you're playing that sort of sh1t.

Have 2 100W Marshall heads (JCM900 and Slash Signature), amongst others, but all will be gathering dust for a while....

I have fallen in love.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I find that your marshall heads (especially the Slash Signature) will be gathering dust very unacceptable so I demand that you sell it to me! ;)

No seriously. How much for the Slash Siggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Gerry

Is that a valve amp?

I recently bought a fender champion 90 amp, and I can't get over how good the clean sound is, even though its a solid state amp.
    I've only got a mediocre guitar (yamaha pacifica 112m), but holy moly, the clean sound blows me away every time.
    Theres none of the harshness you normally get with solid state when you turn up the volume, and no distortion either.
    Its so unbelievably loud, 90 watts, and I can't turn it up past 2 unless I bring it outside. Turning it up to 4 - 5 makes the house shake, and I came out of the room one day feeling like I had been up front at a rock concert :)

The distortion sounds ok, feedback very good, but not nearly as impressive overall as the clean sound, so I will be getting some pedals for that.

I can only imagine how good your €1200 amp sounds :)

For €1200 I'd say it's a valve amp. Give me that Slash siggy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Fenders are lovely amps, probably my fav i have a Fender Pro 1000 and Marshall 80Watt i use the marshall more cause its handier to lug around but the fenders a tube amp so it sounds lovely, Notoriously loud though, basically no difference between 4 and 10 on the dial once it hits 4 thats it man, :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Its a valve amp alright...

The siggy isn't for sale, I'll use it for my voicebox :)

• Advertisement

Ah come one! How much? I'll shoot your ex wife for it or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

I'm not in the amp buying area, because i have no money for one.
    Currently i'm working on a secret project to get an expensive guitar for about half the price its being sold here (the rip off bastards),
    but any way

At the moment i use my 10 watt praccy amp with a zoom 606 unit so it 'sounds' pretty loud.
    I will be needing a proper amp eventualy tho, so what would yall recommend, i hear anything between 65-100 watt will do for preformances in small places.

Are these truths or LIES!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I must still say I proud of my investement. About 2 years ago I picked up a JCM 800 valve combo for 180 quid !! I replaced the valves in it and it sounds amazing. Considering the valvestate junk is twice that price now I reckon I got a great deal.

Dont use it that much. My POD connected to the computer gets all the play, it's just handier for playing at home. Speaking of which, has anyone got the POD 2 upgrade in Ireland? It's a simple change of the PROM but I'm not sure if I can get it in Ireland. I originally got the POD in the US about 2 years ago

Later

D

How come everyone's got these kick ass amps that I would kill for and they don't use them much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

yummy, I so want one of them and a Burns Brian MAy! Want to swop for a countryman Hohner acoustic?

• Advertisement
Advertisement