Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phones at witnness

• 11-07-2002 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Can anyone who was at witnness last year tell me how badly the mobile networks suffer, I'm assumign it'll be impossible to call anyone from/on one but I'm hoping its possible to get sms's around even if they are delayed a bit. Whats the story?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

last year eircell had mobile signal booster thingy brought on to the grounds of fairyhouse to help with reception.
    i dont think it made much of a difference. its is nearly impossible to make and receive calls during the concert weekend.
    there usually isnt too much trouble with text messages, they generaly do send but might take longer to get to their destination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I was at the first witnness and it wasnt too bad. Ozzfest wasnt too bad either. Basically it will go to **** around the start and end of the major bands Id imagine. Also internetwork sms will prolly take a couple of weeks to deliver. Between phones on the same network it wont be too bad. Also If your on RTG or the equivalent put all your credit in well before saturday just in case.

Your major prob is people not answering their phones cause they are all too drunk/deaf to hear them. Also if you know anyone on meteor forget it....but sure thats the case anyway. Your best bet is to arrange not to obvious meeting points (dont meet at the sounddesk or the meeting point for chrissake. :) ) and times. Remember the days before mobiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Originally posted by Toast
    Remember the days before mobiles?

No.... how did people organise anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Originally posted by alb

No.... how did people organise anything

Some form of semaphore I think.

Advertisement