Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK: Broadband providers back need for speed

Options
  • 11-07-2002 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

have a read of this article on BBC\SciTech

Currently most operators offer a standard 512K service for between £20 and £35 which gives users around 10 times faster speeds than dial-up access.

But cable operators NTL and Telewest have realised that there is a market for even faster broadband and both have launched a 1MB service for its customers.

It is more expensive.
    HA! expensive??? is this a joke??
    Telewest's service is £39.99 per month, falling to £35.99 if users take other services from the cable firm. NTL charges even more - £49.99 per month.

"The speeds are wonderful, maybe £35 a month seems pricey, but we used to spend that on phone calls."

i'm think i'm going to cry at that comment :(
    The non avaliability and expense of broadband over here...they dont know how good they got it....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Wayhey, I'm moving to the UK in a few months , as soon as I can get settled you can bet I'll be checking this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by Scruff
    i'm think i'm going to cry at that comment :(
    The non avaliability and expense of broadband over here...they dont know how good they got it....

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel. When I see and hear all these things about how uncapped ADSL for £35 Sterling is considered "too expensive" by customers in the UK, I start banging my head off the wall screaming "COME OVER HERE THEN AND SEE HOW GOOD YOU ALL HAVE IT IN THE UK!!! COME OVER HERE!!! COME OVER HERE!!!!!"

Jesus, it's enough to drive you to drink!!! :(

Advertisement