Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Gaming in Ireland...

Options
  • 11-07-2002 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Is there a list anywhere of Irish servers for UT, Tac-Ops, Q3A, MoHAA, RTCW?

I'm trying to organise a gaming night for a few friends with the following aims.

1. Ability to password lock the game to avoid unwelcome guests.
    2. Low Ping (Obviously)
    3. Ability to run Mods (Tac-Ops)

Long term, we'd like to maybe get involved in a Clan league, but we need to practice online for a while first as most have no experience with lag and latency.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Alatar

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Moved as it didn't really fit in the LAN Parties board - you'll probably get a better response here.

First of, try quake.ie for quake stuff. Have a look on the Half-Life board and Counter Strike boards for server listings there.

Also, hop into irc to meet more people and clans.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

As kharn said but thats it really aint any other servers:(
    shame we will probaly never have a blueyonder/barrysworld service over here.

if you can fix my firewall and let me host i will rent me pc out to ya ....LOL

kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alatar

So there's no UT servers running in Ireland? Or do the guys at Quake.ie occasionally run some there?

Any help appreciated...

Alatar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

For q3, theres only one irish server at slosh.ign.ie - you can lock teams when the game is already started using /lock command since its running OSP. For other mods you'll have to try UK servers, eg Jolt http://www.jolt.co.uk/ where they have public servers, but I don't know if you can lock them.
    Jolt give good ping to most Irish ISPs.

For MOHAA and RTCW there are no irish servers afaik, so Jolt would probably be the best option there. Barrysworld, http://www.barrysworld.com/ allow you to book a server for an hour and a half or something, running any game and mod thats available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

THis is sad news. I have been in the US for a year (and will be for another one)
    The RTCW scene here is rocking. Any time day or night guaranteed a game ... hundreds or servers. And with DSL on $50 a month its game heaven.....
    >:(I don't want to go back - you can't make me >:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

anyone ever play shadowGATE

Advertisement