Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM prices on the up

• 11-07-2002 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

AHhhhhh, BOLLIX.

Just went i was finally planning to buy new stuff next month.

DDR prices carry on climbing :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Ah well. RDRAM prices are falling, by the way (at least the 1066 stuff in Komplett's dropped by 30 Euro for 256Mb).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Good news on rdram prices, i have 4 128 sticks and i`m looking for 4 256/512

Yahoooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

YEah i just say it on marx as well the price of ddr gone up and i to was about to buy some ddr as well! Ah well thats life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

i bought me a 512MB DDR stick the day before they went up!
    thats was lucky. now if it would arrive.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

gad dammit i was planing on geting some for almost a month now, just didn't get round to it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I just bought 256MB for my PC (Along with the PC) on monday...

Now.. if only the parts would arrive.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Just a quick note on the PC1066 RDRAM - prices for these will be going up as well. Most suppliers are selling their current stock at 'normal' prices, but there is a shortage of these chips at the moment, which will lead to either price increases or lots of suppliers "out of stock" (or both!!).
    /JK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Well Samsung original 512MB PC2700 modules are still the same price over at overclockers.co.uk just got me one last week. Cheaper than no-name PC2700 over at komplett. That's the best deal I found.

On the other hand the 256MB Samsung modules seem to have gone up... Dunno what's the story there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Even sdram seems bloody expensive right now, €140 for 256 megs on komplett. Obviously they are cutting back production, and enjoying higher margins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Well if you're looking for ECC and buffered RAM you should always expect to pay the premium price.

As for the rest of them goes... Decent SDRAM (PC133 CAS2) is €77 for a 256MB stick. Can't say it's cheap but it aint that expensive either. Definitely went up by some 20% this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

erm, woops I meant to say 512mb.

Advertisement