Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Physics Site - Suggestions

Options
  • 11-07-2002 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of doing a Leaving Cert Physics site, i have noticed that
    there are areas in the books that aren't covered properly or even
    worse still, not covered at all. I plan to include
    • Complete definitions list
    • All experiments covered with precautions
    • Tricky exam questions
    • All derivations
    • General tips

Anything else that could be included in this?, any suggestions from
    what people found hard last year?, do you guys think such a site is
    even necessary? etc

I can do all the HTML myself (one of the reasons i am doing this site is
    to practice my HTML for college) and have tons of physics stuff at
    that is only rotting away at home

Ideas/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Take a look at http://www.skoool.ie/ - I believe they do something similar to what you're proposing, but I'm not sure.

By the way, the physics course has changed, I believe I'm the first year to be doing the new course.

I think this would be a useful resource, especially the experiments and definations.

If you do decide to go ahead with it and you need somewhere to host it, I'd be happy to help out there, PM me if you'd like to talk about that.

[edit]sample online tests - I'd be happy to help out with php here if you need it[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

There are lots of sites out there that advertise themselfs as Leaving Cert sites...

AVOID ANYTHING UNNECCESSARY
    People want the bear neccessities. They don't want to read a book. They just want to get in and get out and move on to another subject If u understnad my thinking...

I have a copy of the CORE curriculum of the new course if you would like it. If you base your site solely around it and expand on it and most importnatly make it easy to use your on to an award winning site come next April...

Good luck.
    I got a ton of really good notes of the new course if you need some of the new stuff i.e. Partical Physics

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Thanks for the support and ideas chaps

Lorax : There are 11 proofs that are most definetly on the course, two came up in the sample paper, none came up this year. one was to proof s=ut+1/2at^2 and the other was resistance in paralell or series (i can't think for the life of me which one though:P i'll go check later)

Online exams? That sounds like a good idea, i have millions of questions from other books that could be used. Phaxx, i'll get in touch with you about it at some point.

One of the aims of the site will be to cover experiments and their precautions properly and to correct the book on it's mistakes

There might be a lot of Leaving Cert sites ie skoool.ie etc but i find that these are sketchy with info at best and most of what they do have is already covered in the book. This site is only going to contain physics. Nothing that isn't on the course will be included either, i have a copy of the syllabus to help me out here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I haven't forgotten about this, we hope to have it up by the end of the month.

Advertisement