Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL CD + XP = What a bloody joke!

Options
  • 12-07-2002 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Well, thanks to a wonderful NTL cd, my modem stopped working, and I had to get a new one.

god only knows why. and over the phone, one rep told me I'd have to reformat to 98 if I wanted to keep using the service...thank jesus another person could tell me the number to ring and give me my account info!

advice to anybody with XP - dont even think about installing the gearbox connection kit manually.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

As for it breaking your modem, I doubt it would do hardware damage to your modem. It is after all only software.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Try This:

In Control Panel >> Modems :: Remove Modem.

Shut Your PC Down for about 10 seconds. Restart and it will probably sort u out.

It Should say "New Hardware Found"

It Probably just messed around with your Modem drivers.

Hope this Helps. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I tried all that

2 technicians had a look at it, and both said it was the ntl cd that made a hames out of the modem

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Tbh, as far as i know, the only way you can damage a modem is by doing a bad flash of the bios, or by repeatedly smashing it off the ground, wall etc.

Then again, i'm no NTL technician, truly the kings of all computer experts :).

Advertisement