Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA3 (PC) dodo flying

Options
  • 12-07-2002 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Soooooo ... anyone got any tips on how to fly this thing ? I got 64 seconds of flight time outta this, but only because I flew in a straight line and crashed into staunton island. :)

I've completed the whole game, and really need something new to occupy my time with this thing. There are only so many policemen a man can kill in a day :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 [niKo]

Did a quick search of "old" threads, and found my very own guide!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55390

If you have any problems flying this thing, I'd be more than happy to help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I wonder if there is a low grav cheat like the ps2 has, you can fly police cars then. Its fun i tried it on my bro`s ps2 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Yeah that cheat rules , try flying an ambulance into the hospital.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by [niKo]
    Did a quick search of "old" threads, and found my very own guide!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55390

If you have any problems flying this thing, I'd be more than happy to help. :)

A cheers :) must have a gander at that now. Was noticing that there are already some "modding" communities springing up re: GTA3 on the PC; so long as you know hex(!), apparently you can edit the maps ... hmmmm wonder if a map editor will ever see the light of day... 70,000 doller GMAX license vs. the millions Take Two have made, seems pitance really...

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    I wonder if there is a low grav cheat like the ps2 has, you can fly police cars then. Its fun i tried it on my bro`s ps2 last week.

Care to share that cheat? I must have missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by GTA3.com
    PC Version Cheats
    Completed the game? Or want some fun?

All cheats are entered during normal gameplay. After typing them in, you should get notification that the cheat was successful.

• All weapons
    GUNSGUNSGUNS

• Money
    IFIWEREARICHMAN

• Full Health
    GESUNDHEIT

• More Police
    MOREPOLICEPLEASE

• No Police
    NOPOLICEPLEASE

• Spawn Tank
    GIVEUSATANK

• All Cars Explode
    BANGBANGBANG

• Change Outfit
    ILIKEDRESSINGUP

• Everyone Goes Mad
    ITSALLGOINGMAAAD

• Everyone Hates You
    NOBODYLIKESME

• Everyone Has Weapons
    WEAPONSFORALL

• Speed Up Time
    TIMEFLIESWHENYOU

• Slow Down Time - Doesn't appear to work
    BOOOOORING

• Full Armor
    TURTOISE

• Clear Weather
    SKINCANCERFORME

• Rain
    ILIKESCOTLAND

• Thunderstorm
    ILOVESCOTLAND

• Fog
    PEASOUP

• Fast Weather Cycling
    MADWEATHER

• Invisible Cars
    ANICESETOFWHEELS

• Flying Cars
    CHITTYCHITTYBB

• Great Steering
    CORNERSLIKEMAD

• Detachable Limbs - Doesn't appear to work
    NASTYLIMBSCHEAT

The cheat you want is CHITTYCHITTYBB, which stands for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, that Disney movie about a flying car :o . But you don't need this to fly a Dodo. Heck, you don't need any cheats. However, if you guys want to fly the tank, then you'll need the cheat above. I discovered a neat way to land a tank on any solid building in GTA3 easily, but errr, I'm too lazy to tell you how. I'll only tell you if there is enough demand for it :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Detachable Limbs - Doesn't appear to work

thats because it's already enabled by default, you need to enter this to get gore in the german version

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I can only fly the Ambulance. I attempt to fly it across the broken bridge to Shoreside Vale on the second island, but it never makes it :(

I'm Drowning! drowning!

Cars don't "fly", so to speak. Rather, they float for a time, before eventually landing back to earth. There's nothing to sustain the momentum in order to keep vehicles in the air. The only vehicle that can stay in the air is the tank, because the turret can be fired repeatedly, thus providing the necessary momentum. However, you can jump the gap from Portland to Staunton quite easily with the CHITTYCHITTYBB cheat before the bridge is repaired.

• Advertisement
Advertisement