Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unreal... I hope you didnt buy the Ireland.com breaking news....

Options
  • 12-07-2002 8:21am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

... cos now they are giving it away free on Eircom.net

http://home.eircom.net/News/breaking/

Tell me i'm dreaming...

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you are dre...
    oh hold on

no.

no youre not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    you are dre...
    oh hold on

no.

no youre not.

yeah-some deal was cut with ireland.com-I don't know how much eircom.net are paying for it...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What... like Eircom.net bought Ireland.com's business sense and moral backbone? Wonder how much they paid for it....

I mean, this is unreal, it doesnt even link back to the story. why the **** would you pay for Ireland.com now?

Jesus. A two-year old could see that this is a bad idea.... someone give the Irish Times a two-year old.

I hope they are being paid by impression hahahhaha.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Oh dear....that was a *great* business descision on ireland.com's part...not! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Is this just not simply the "breaking news" section, which is already freely available on ireland.com !!?? Its the main newspaper section that is PPV.

Am I missing something :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

But great if you like Ireland.com 's content but don't want to pay for it! :D

And I like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

weird, werent they charging for that before?!

Now its free on the Ireland.com site too...

Am I confused?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

go here and find out what is subscription based on ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I think only the main 3 headlines in Breaking News is available to all, but each story underneath brings you to the subscription info, like the front page of the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

http://home.eircom.net/news/Breaking/story.asp?id=74

I thought you meant this thread at first, it's also pretty unbelieveable

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ireland.com seem to have "liberalised" the free content alright, but eircom only appear to be showing some of the stories (about 20%).

Perhaps this is what was intended all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by Victor
    Ireland.com seem to have "liberalised" the free content alright, but eircom only appear to be showing some of the stories (about 20%).

Perhaps this is what was intended all along?

Two words to describe the Eircom and Ireland.com relationship: dumb and dumber. :)

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement