Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Koopa -v- Nemesis .... who's going?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

any of you fu ckers come near my house youll get a hurley to the jaw, the forum is the place to go in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

The forum? yeah right, ill see you all in preachers, cant wait! Everyone is invited back to my house afterwards, itll be a big party, its just beside the fire station, make sure you build up that disgusting sweat that accumulates at every LAN or you wont be allowed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

nicky it's good to see yar still kickin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Originally posted by Nicky
    The forum? yeah right, ill see you all in preachers, cant wait! Everyone is invited back to my house afterwards, itll be a big party, its just beside the fire station, make sure you build up that disgusting sweat that accumulates at every LAN or you wont be allowed in.

heh I forgot you'll be back, Nick-o-las. If this Koopa Nemesis thing goes on you can expect us for the night, I can't guarantee the special nerd sweat that appears about 4 minutes after a lan starts but we'll make a good effort. And there's the added bonus of Gman doing a G-Bomb in your toilet. Your family will never be the same after a gbomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

dont underestimate my seriousness about the hurley to the fuc king head zero you fuc king ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

OH GOD NO NOT THE G-BOMB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Hmm...lans on in less than two weeks. How bout an official room101.org signup, hmm? Wanna know how many people are gonna bring there own PCs dont ya?

Hop to it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yeah the waterford crowd are meant to be organising it for the 17th, but i havent had any word back from them regarding it like..
    id expect lots of people want to know where exactly this cafe is, how much the entry fee will be, how long itll will be on for (saturday and sunday? i reckon most people would pay 20 euro for a 2 day thing, seeing as its so much hassle to get there, most of us dont live anywhere near waterford) , when we should be arriving, how many people can go, how many spare monitors are there, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

this has generated so much interest do u think there will be enough room in cybermart for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭daire

awrite bai wasda storey? whats all this bai eeei? moley power got shniff o some fancypants session up be condoms palace. whats all this bai eeei? bootsy cummins and meself are having afew drinks in preaychers fore we head down meself bai so no worries awrite bai? fishy said come one come all till we sort out the heads with afew pills for the nords. 8euros, 8 ****ing euros bais awright lads yeeei? any ****ing messing or **** talk and birdsy butlerll have the hurle to your face faster than tommy white up the line "you dig"? dublin ****ing poncebags with your ****talk. WATCH YOURSELF!

can sort yis wit afew daycent quawter deaals ´swell bais... no worries bais... good deaals bais... proper quawter deaals bais...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

its ready for sign up

www.room101.org

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

yo searrard make a dinstintion bewteen ppl bringin their own comps and ppl using cafe machines on room101, dont want 30 ppl showing up with their own computers now :) and for teh big event do you have a projector or anything? 40ppl crowding around nemisis and koopatrooper's monitors is a bit of a squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Seeing as I live close to Cybermart, t'would be bad form for me not to show up, although I do have to check, I think the office summer BBQ is that weekend, and I may have to show up to kiss some customers asses. You never know, I may be able to put up a couple of people . Is it confirmed for the 17th ?

cool quigs, me, koopa, saik, giblet, avyern and ronin i think are heading down together and might need a place to stay. We get dibs cos im bringing down teh koopa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah I will be heading up with eamo, or some unknown guy. I'll need an inhouse pc. Cant bring my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

i can bring a computer but not a monitor, is that anygood?i can also bring a samurai sword at the defeated warriors discretion.
    Can I bring my own mouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

they have nice 21" monitors u can use with your pc also bring your own keyboard,mouse,power lead,head phones
    do u have nic card in your pc?

The inhouse pcs are fully equiped aren't they?

sorry about that folks!

the change is made, so any body wanting to book in house machines can do so...

for those peps bring there own machines, we have enough monitors for 40, just bring yer box, power leads, headphones, and yer keyboard and mouse....we dont have enough of those for 40 people and i'd say people would play better with the equipment that ye are used to....

if you are booking in house, some have ball mice some have optical (all equiment is cleaned regularly) but you can bring your own keyboard and mouse if you want and if you have good quality headphones then you should bring them....the headphones in cybermart are designed for CS

• Advertisement

how big are the monitors searrard? and what hz do they do at each res ? :)

we have 29 21in monitors

Ezio Flexi-Scans

Eizo F77S comprise most of them (some varients)
    F77S.GIF

CRT Size 55 cm (21 inch) class, 90° deflection Invar Shadow Mask

CRT Phosphor Pitch 0.28 mm (Dot)

CRT Surface Treatment Super ErgoCoat®

Scanning Frequency H: 30 - 110 kHz V: 50 - 160 Hz

Input Signals RGB Analog

Input Terminal D-Sub 15-pin and BNC x 5 (switchable)

Active Display Size 402 mm (H) x 300 mm (V) (Diagonal: 501 mm)

Recommended Resolution 1280 dots x 1024 lines @ 102 Hz (max) (1600 dots x 1200 lines @ 87 Hz addressable)

Screen Control ScreenManager® & ScreenManager Pro, One Touch Auto Adjustment Function (Auto-Sizing)

Power Management System VESA DPMS, EIZO MPMS

Power Consumption 155 watts

Power Save Mode 1 Less than 15 watts

Power Save Mode 2 (Off) Less than 5 watts

Plug & Play DDC 1/2B

Dimensions 494 mm (W) x 486 mm (H) x 520 mm (D)

Net Weight 31.5 kg

Safety Standards TÜV Rheinland/GS, CB, and CE Mark
    Ergonomic/Environmental Standards TÜV Rheinland/Ergonomics (including ISO 9241-3, -7 [Positive Class II/ Negative Class II], -8 and MPR-II), EPA ENERGY STAR® Program, TCO'99
    (hows about that for googling)

the rest of the monitors are 17in mixed models but the boss assures me that all are in great order and with good Hz/screen resolution

ok cool
    whats the story with the bets, is it me and nemesis are betting 200 euro each, and 5 euro out of the 15 euro door fee is going into the pot?

what time does it start, and when does it end?

as for the monitors, they sound nice, i bags one of the 21 inch ones!

<3 you all,
    sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

why is this being held in waterford?

cant make it if its not in dublin:mad:

Some1 bring a video camera, and throw the highlights online eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

is anyone from Cork goin?
    i'd love a lift :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

i ALSO bags one of the 21".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

About the bets its 200 each and as for the door money thats gone. CYbermart offered it to us and basically u laughed at it as 20 a head was mentioned so its withdrawn but if ya wanna spice the night up how about a 32 man tourney 5 euro a head and winner takes all??
    This will take place after our martch or we could do a 2 v 2 tourney where we take names outta a hat to make the teams, 5 a head again etc.

thoughts on this???

btw Koopa Fat_Man is lookin for a bit of a warm up match if ur up for it???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

lol. You hoping to learn sams tactics? Dont worry, he doesnt have any.
    quozl

I think the tourney one is a good idea. Two teams. Fiver a head. Winners walk away with a Fiver extra each.
    Aswell as that.
    I propose that DS* face five of ye, or maybe more if ya want. Fiver a head. Actually, if the DS* boys are up for it, we could play 8-10 of them (theres only five of us), still at a fiver a head, and if we win, we get up to a tenner extra if we beat em:)

*DS is a imaginary clan formed to take the piss, at Nethouse. There Members Vary from the very bad (eg: me), to the Unbelievably Brilliant (eg:Saik,quozl )
    All other players are average (eg: Koopa, Vincent)

• Advertisement

i never laughed at 20 euro a head (someone else did)

problem is, i didnt think there would be enough interest if the price was 20 euro a head
    i infact suggested something like 13 euro a head, with some money going into the pot

i thought cybermart only wanted 10 euro per person for this?

id be on for this 32 girl duel tourney thing, or even a 2v2 tourney, on top of the "BIG GAME" , but can we not get 5 euro more from the door fee, seeing as cybermart only wanted 10 euro per head anyway?

<3 's ,
    sam

Advertisement