Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clothes worn to work

• 11-07-2000 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I wear whatever I want to work, which is a nice change from my last job, where the manager had the smart idea of a dress code - I HAD to wear a suit every day- and a lot of my work involved climbing under desks to get at hubs/PC's/etc., opening up old dusty machines to work on the insides, etc. etc. and most of our clients premises were dusty, dirty warehouses and the like. Fexake...

Bard

|home page|scary éire

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Casual, jeans, shirts, stuff like that.Even my pink flairs seem acceptable, although I have to get a new pair of runners cos the smell of my old ones would knock a horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Whatever I want, altho I dont wear in my 'Hello, my name is the Antichrist' tshirt, or the one that has 'Nosey *******!!' in tiny print in the centre smile.gif

Black tshirt and black combats usually, i havent worn anything but black since about 1987, except the odd eyeball wrencher of a paisley shirt (yes someone is still wearing them smile.gif )

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Anything but a suit, usually without an obvious food stain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Ha have you all beet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wear a suit...........sorry ment to say CLEAN suit.....this is a kowl with face mask, over-alls made of a air thight plastic, rubber gloves(the type the doctors wear) and boots that are made to go over your shoes. and all the over-alls and stuff go over your normil clothes.(can you imagen waering these for 12 hours) frown.gif

oh and glasses as well frown.gif

and all this is in a 10 parts per 1ft clean room(this means that if i rip a glove or scrach my nose or head or even touch my skin with a glove, i'd contamanate the hold area and have to go out and change clothes again)

frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

what sorta stuff do ppl have to wear?

full suit,
    shirt and tie,
    corp casual,
    jeans,
    shorts,
    nothing?

some places seem to have bizarre dress codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

suppose to wear business casual, but most people wear tracksuits and t-shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Clothes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

peeps dress like tramps around this gaff

It's great being a guy tho - I wear the same thing all the time - shirt and jeans. Suits every ocaision.

going to work - shirt and jeans
    going to pub - jeans and a shirt
    going on date - nice shirt and jeans smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

smart casual apparently.
    I had to ask the md to find out.

jeans and tshirts basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Anything I goddam like! biggrin.gif

At the moment it's beach shorts and t-shirts (weather is very hot).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

thats shocking sutty.
    i cant believe they employed u! smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

T-shirt/polo-shirt and jeans/combats are the de-facto standard here (and most other software places around me). Managers and above wear suits most of the time, but Friday is casual day for everyone. If we've gotta go off-site, we stick to the clients dress code.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There's a very strict dress code in our place - management all wear blue jeans and t-shirts, developers must wear combats under pain of severe larting (t-shirt optional), and the huggy-feelies, well, who cares?

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

wtf r huggy-feelies?
    And i also wear a fiesta van you cant miss it....hold the last thought.
    Ah well got a 108mph most of the way to work today smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yeah pretty much anything goes in our place

Although as per usual the older (and therefore more senior) people set the standard by wearing suits and ties.

Theres this ancient mainframe engineer who seems to have worn the same tweed jacket and yellow tie since the dawn of time :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

bah... top speed I hit today was around 70-ish on the M1 on the way home. Bloody traffic in town was brutal today.

"larting", btw... WTF is that???

Bard

|home page|scary éire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Luser
    Attitude
    Readjustment
    Tool

== a big stick smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

they make you wear a cycle helmet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

no Kev, I made sure of that from day one smile.gif (working in a place where you have to wash your self, what next)

but because we are wearing kowls, this means I wont have to look at phil and slaan's ugly faces smile.gif (thank god)

imagen having to look at slaan for 12 hours frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

I work in an international bank and wear sandals, shorts, pikachu tshirt and a cycle helmet to work most days.
    i got up to 22 miles an hour on my bike into work today lads. smile.gif

does the fact that you work in a clean room mean you'll have to start washing sutty? smile.gif
    congrats on the job man- hope it SUITS you well. (i should be shot)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by OctaviaN:
    wtf r huggy-feelies?
    And i also wear a fiesta van you cant miss it....hold the last thought.
    Ah well got a 108mph most of the way to work today smile.gif

Huggy-Feelies = Human Resources
    It's like Bean-Counters = Accounts
    and so on...

Anyway, how many Tickets is it now Nick?

Oh ya, I walked at 5mph to get to my bus stop this morning! I'm not sure how fast the bus went, but I'm sure it wasn't as fast as that smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Advertisement