Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asai I

Options
  • 12-07-2002 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

I just got a letter from the ASAI. It looks like eircon are going to get away with the words Flat Rate in thier ads for I-stream. Im hopping mad.
    Ill post up the letter when i get home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Maybe they do a special rate if you live in a flat

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Pity that, but when you get around to posting the letter we'll be able to work out other avenues of attack.

Note to anyone who believes that Eircom are being targetted unjustly: the bottom line is that i-Stream is *not* flat-rate. Hence the advertising is misleading.

I received a postcard yesterday as an acknowledgement of my complaint on the pricing in the ISDN adverts. Any further communication received will obviously be posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

umm Dustaz, if you got the same letter as me you should read it again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by hmmm
    umm Dustaz, if you got the same letter as me you should read it again ;)

I agree, not a good idea to post it yet. Read the last couple of lines of the covering letter.

viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

It looks like eircon are going to get away with the words Flat Rate in thier ads for I-stream

Ahem"
    Becuz of cofidetiality and all that.. all i can say here is...

there NOT! (I think!?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Read it again, Its fairly plain what a certain operators repsonse will be. Judging from some of the wording in both sections, i think they have a pretty good chance of getting away with it. The certain operators response rested solely on one aspect. This is what they will use.

If your refering to a pending report, then it does suggest giving further input before a final decision which im sure to be posting to them, i suggest you do the same, it can only add pressure to the pending reports out come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I have done on several occasions.

The problem lies in the fact that they can stick to the business only line and somehow the asai buy it.

I am currently in the process or formulating a response to this current update.
    if you pm me your email address i will send you a copy and maybe you could also do the same based on its content so as to push a more unified response.

BTW
    I have already tryed to pm you my response but it is twice as long as is allowed in pm.

Advertisement