Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booting Text Error

• 12-07-2002 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I installed new drivers for my Hercules GameSurround Fortissimo 2 yesterday. A series of problems occured e.g. windows locking while trying to detect the Joystick port from the card after restarting, but I *think* I resolved them.

Anyway, when I boot up the pc, these few lines of gobble-dee-gook appear. Where is says: C:\>Rem Shoot:... [pic]

Anyone know what's going on here?
    Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

For some reason it's trying to run your Autoexec.bat from inside windows. What version do you have?
    Basically you need to remove the shortcut/reg entry calling it at startup. There are a number of ways to do this depending on the version of your OS.
    Shortcuts -
    Win9x
    Check C:\Windows\Start menu\Programs\Startup , also C:\Windows\Profiles\(name)\Start menu\Programs\Startup if you use a login at the start.
    Also run SYSEDIT and check the WIN.INI file LOAD and RUN lines.
    Win2k/XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\(name)\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Registry Win9x/Win2k+XP
    Hkey Local Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Also, the pic shows it trying to load a Crystal driver. This is usually an onboard soundcard, did you have one and disable it? If so then you can also rename/delete C:\Autoexec.bat when you're done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Click start - run - msconfig and seach for the entry, and remove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by _Creed_
    "For some reason it's trying to run your Autoexec.bat from inside windows"

I'm using win98se. To take that pic, I ran the autoexec.bat file from the c:/ in windows explorer, just so I could show you guys the text that came up.

Yea, I have onboard sound but I'm pretty sure that it's disabled. I'll get rid of that Crystalware entry, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

How bout delelting it from Autoexec? The line Rem> with notepad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Yup, thanks guys. I got that problem sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement