Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updates

• 12-07-2002 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this is the right place but,

i was wondering which magazine out at the moment is pretty good for updates.
    i.e. directx, games patches, winamp, real etc

and also a good read?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I gave up buying pc mags there a few months ago due to the outrageous prices. Something like €8 for a 140 page magazine accompanied by 2 cd's which have less than 200mb of data each.

I did, however, see the PCZ DVD edition mis-priced in EB (Dawson St.) & picked it up for €5. It actually had a lot of stuff on it, IE6, latest winamp, compression tools, all sorts of drivers and a truck load of E3 game trailers.

Sorry, I'm trailing... wait... ah yes, your best bet is probably something like PC Format. Check out what's on the cd/dvd from the magazine before buying it, naturally.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

just bought PC Gamer for €9.75. total fuckin rip off but hey, im a sucker for impulse buying. :(

dunno if it's any good, i'll reply again once i've read it.

Advertisement