Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benchmarking

• 12-07-2002 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

I was messing around with 3dBench2001(mad onion) last night and that got me thinking on something, what if(after a discussion) all tech users here agreed to run some sorta universal benchmarks on there systems, and we could have a sticky where users could post there marks and update them as well. I think this will help in seeing which system/component can do what etc.

What do you guys think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

yes, good idea but we really need people to have same resolutions and the exact same direct3d settings/opengl settings/details of ram timings hdd speeds etc. exact specs basically, dx versions, driver versions, we need to get a little suite of what we think are the dogs b*ll*x in terms of real world comparisons on performance.

<<<<I'll suggest something like>>>>
    hdspeed
    3dbench2001/3dmark2001
    GLXcess
    sandra cpu benchmark
    sandra hdd benchmark (only if your willing to defrag first and run it once straight after the defrag otherwise it's no where near accurate in any way really)
    It would be nice to know the system could handle some form of burn in test to get you these results too, no point in having a lovely fast system if it's unstable in anyway whatsoever.

^^I'm sure we could agree on a nice selection of tools or bits of tools used for benchmarking to test with, suggestions pls :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I read PC ADVISOR a bit and they use Worldbench 4, anyone ever use it. Yeah we`ll all be using the same settings and dx versions. Users would post say there system spec, test run, scores and maybe the odd screenie for proof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

There's an idea... a program that can rip all the graphical settings from the registry (D3D quality, OpenGL anistropic filtering for example)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

When can we start posting results?!!

I've got 3DBenchmark 2001 atm.

Canent seemt o get a score near the high 4000's!
    Damn GF2mx!

Take a screenie o the result and post up the saved txt file with all the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Ok, everyone run the 3dmark2k1 benchmark at default settings, register and publish the result on www.madonion.com and then just post a link to it here... When you publish the results or use the madonion.com site to store the bench info, your system information are also stored.

• Advertisement
Advertisement