Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Debut rock album

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

forgot primus - frizzle-fry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

one... raging... track...
    Metallica - Kill 'Em All

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
    Guns 'n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
    In Flames - The Jester Race
    Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
    Slayer - Show No Mercy
    Metallica - Kill 'em All
    Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
    Megadeth - Peace Sells (first album after being with an independant label)
    Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz
    Pearl Jam - Ten

Kurdt I have that album about a month or so... fecking rules. Its a pity Phil or Jimmy don't pull off a solo on any of the songs, but its still good. Most of the songs are straight to the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Klytus

Just so you know Vulgar display of power is not a debut. Cowboys from hell was their first major release ...after those not so well known glam-hair-metal days they went through!!!!

Phil Anselmo and hair spray not exactly a winning combination if your going for that hard as nails image!!! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Phil wasn't in the band at the time they were glam. He joined later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Originally posted by Bard
    one... raging... track...
    Metallica - Kill 'Em All

thank you Bard, finally someone with good taste!! Metallica's - Kill 'Em All. Songs on that that do it for me, "Seek And Destroy" and "Metal Melita"

Also, Jeff Buckley - Grace, Class album
    G'N'R- Appetite

If anyone on this board wants to come along on the P(h)ub Crawl on Saturday 10th of August go to the Phantom Fm board and you'll see a thread there with all the info on it also a web site dedicated only to the P(h)ub Crawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

was reading through this thread, and i cant believe that it was almost at the end of the second page before anyone metioned metallicas kill em all. like em or loathe em, sollouts or no, kill em all is still an amazing debut album...best song is defo four horsemen tho, closely followed by seek and destroy

im gonna have to add in neil youngs debut here, love that album so much

and to whoever said nirvanas bleach, shut the **** up you crack smokin whore,(hehe, love that phrase :p) that was not a great debut, it didnt make any impact at all and sold very poorly before nevermind

dont get me wrong, i love nirvana, major collector of their stuff, but bleach is not a 'great' record, sure its very good, cobains vocals are fine, his songwriting talent is starting to show through (about a girl), but mostly its heads down, tune down, rock on text book grunge...hardly earth shattering

havin said all that, wheres my bleach ...gonna have a listen :)

pyure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Well if someone is including Neil Young, iDLEWiLD "Hope is Important" is being shoved in!

Advertisement