Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wav Problem

Options
  • 13-07-2002 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Ok, im not sure if this should go here or the Audio board, but anyway.
    My PC has the Audigy card, and as such ive installed the software that came with it. Thing is the Playcenter software was taken over all WAV's on my system, and winamp doesnt even recognise them anymore. Any suggestions? Ive done the "open with" thing, and selected to use Winamp always to open WAV's

This aint really life threatening, it just bugs me

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

[ The following depends on whether you're running stable or beta Winamp, but the details shouldn't be all that different. These are for beta. ]

Open Winamp, right-click somewhere and choose Options > Preferences. Choose System > Media from the panel on the left. Highlight the filetypes you want Winamp to handle in the Preferred Media panel. Check "Register types on Winamp startup" and "Maintain media type settings". Close Winamp, open it again. The filetypes you chose should now be associated with Winamp, and Winamp should try and keep them.

HTH, but post again if you've problems.

adam

Advertisement