Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bios password

• 13-07-2002 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i have a IBM thinkpad 345cs laptop (old i think). there is a BIOS password that i cannot get past. someone please help me!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's usually a jumper on the motherboard (dunno how it is with laptops though) that you can use to disable/reset a bios password. Have a search around on IBM's site for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Go search for a program on the net called "KILLCMOS".
    Its a virus so disable your av but basically what it does is resets your bios so you can go back in and set your own password.

Or you could try find the cmos battery.
    Killcmos is eaasier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Pull out the CMOS battery if u can and leave for about 1 minute and place back in, u should be back to default settings, password free or just find the jumper and set it to pin 2-3 usually (CLEAR CMOS) and then leave for 1 minute and set back to pin 1-2 usually (NORMAL CMOS)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Some IBM thinkpads have a security feature that without the correct CMOS password all you will have is an expensive door stop. IBM support won't even tell you how to reset it.

Advertisement