Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gl problom

• 13-07-2002 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
    ...shutting down QGL
    GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

right anyone know where to find open gl ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Sounds more like a driver issue to me. Looking at your sig you have a GeForce 2. If this is the case there should be no reason to be loading Glide. Get the latest Detonators from nVidia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

sounds more like your telling cs to use the wickedgl opengl driver instead of the standard one which would be your nvidia driver?
    video configuration in cs ;)
    Or am I completely way off the mark :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

way off tac . need to update my sig also . its a mohaa error so im unsure. latest nvida drivers and latest mohaa version its on xp also updated

just dled the gl thing that was linked to the site it didnt work same error . im blaming it on win xp at mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

http://www.glsetup.com

It the installer for it and will download the files you need.

• Advertisement

tried that site allready . the glsetup file there is a incorrect link . they dont have a working mirror . bah thinks this is getting screwie . doing a search for it in google only thing im finding is a load of other ppl with the same problom

just read that its a win xp problom with glide . a jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It's not a 'win xp problom with glide' its an 'Nvidia Problem with Glide' as in they don't support it - as has already been said nothing does except a 3dfx card. In the video setup you might have chosen the 3dfx driver (many games include options for DEFAULT Opengl (which is what you should be on) or a 3dfX MiniGL). Or you/something has tried to replace the opengl dlls within the game with the 3dfx version (Wicked GL being a common culprit). Have a look and see if there's an opengl32.dll file anywhere in your mohaa folder, if so rename it/delete it, this should force it to use the nvidia default Ogl drivers again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Actually nFVidia cards can run glide.
    You can geta wrapper to work with it.
    Very handy for accelerating some older games on your leet machine.

Uninstall any references to glide/3dfx/voodoo in your Programs thing in Control Panel.
    Might want to hunt down the glide .dlls too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Actually nFVidia cards can run glide.
    You can geta wrapper to work with it.
    Very handy for accelerating some older games on your leet machine.

Uninstall any references to glide/3dfx/voodoo in your Programs thing in Control Panel.
    Might want to hunt down the glide .dlls too.

Yup...and many thanks for just complicating the thread more ;). They shouldn't re-reoute opengl functions through glide though, it's the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

I had this problem before - when i went to play quake 2 on my shiney new tnt2 - upgraded from a voodoo2

I deleted the opengl32.dll and other opengl, 3dfx and glide .dll's from the baseq2 folders and weather it got all the info from the windows ones or what ever - it worked

Advertisement