Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training Diary

• 13-07-2002 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

As some may know, next sunday i depart to the UK for a weeks training in Pro Wrestling, if i can get access to an internet cafe i shall keep you updated on the goings on and how much it hurts.
    Hopefully i wil be able to accompany these reports with photos at the end of the week.
    If anyone wants me to ask a question or two for them while im over there let me know here.:)

Bomb Fn Idol
    (Cripple To Be):(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

best of luck bomb

p.s. try not to compress too many vertabrae - i hear you need them for other things ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

You know what I wanna know... Everything!!!

Can u e-mail me if possible when u get back Ive too many questions!!! Know what I mean dude ;)

Hanza
    And thats why they call me the Heretic!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

Hey Bomb,
    Who are you being trained by (fwa etc.)

Good Luck. And lets hope this leads to a career and we will have some good irish wrestler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

ok im back, we left early because i had some problems.
    im going to give a fair and honest report of my experience for the 3 days i stayed. Some of us had some conflicts and clashed with the instructors there as to the treatment of the students so we decided to leave.
    The FWA academy is very nice, its got the decent ring youve all seen and a decent matted area as well as some cameras, VCRs, DVD's TV's ETC.
    In my opinon (and a lot of other peoples) the day is WAY too long we get up at 8, start working at 9 then go on till about 10.30 at night, there is no real structure to the breaks usually 5 mins here and there then maybe 45 mins for lunch, the problem there is that all the decent places for food are a long way off from the academy so its not worthwhile to walk there and get back.
    I feel there were not enough basics taught at the start, it basically went from learn to learn to bump to suplex in a day, which I feel is dangerous.
    I cannot fault FWA too much as i know they are trying to keep everyone happy and a week is not very long.
    my main problem with the course is the in house facilitys or lack of, there is no shower and our instructors were hesitant to organise washing facilitys, i had my first shower since i left on sunday today when i arrived home in Dublin:(
    To be honest there were some other reasons we left early one of the main ones was my friends injurys to his knee elbow and should, he sustained these injurys while forced to shoot with a 20 stone, extremely muscular man, keep in mind my friend is 11 stone. this i felt was childish as it stemed from my friend beating another instructor in a shoot, Mark sloan did not like the fact that one of his boys was beaten by a student and then sent in the big guy to teach some manners and to show whos boss.
    I must admit that 2 of the instructors stand out as being excellent, Justin richards and of course Doug Williams, James Tighe was very good also and probably worked with us most of all.
    anyway theres loads more to talk about, but i think it comes down to this, if you want to train with FWA, do a weekend course first but do not opt to stay in the gym, book a B+B so you can get a decent nights sleep and a shower. FWA could be a good introduction to Pro Wrestling if used correctly but some things need to be changed on their end first.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

how much ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

the training was 195 sterling

Advertisement