Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody see : tv3 secrets of prowrestling ?

• 13-07-2002 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭

well it showed how the did all the stuff, the ref is in on it too ! it was like that magic program that they show how to do the tricks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What you means Wrestling is fake, man you coulda used a spoiler for that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by bazH
    What you means Wrestling is fake, man you coulda used a spoiler for that :D

It was good if you were just new to the whole concept of 'pro wrestling' but there was probably nothing new there for anyone who has been watching for a few years. Also I heard was that the chairs are actually NOT real and are in fact made of lightweight metal to give about the equivilant impact of getting hit with a cookie tray.

Somethings that annoyed me were the hoaky granny/autographs/trophy sequences which I for one have never seen impliemented during a show. Perhaps it happens in Indy feds?

Also I've heard that some of the wrestlers who appeared on the show were (King) Harley Race and a jobber called Mike Modeest. Just out of interest was it ever revealed who the 8 wrestlers on the show were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

A jobber Called Mike Modest! are you joking?? Mike Modest is one of the finest pro wrestlers in the world today! And harley race is a legend

Originally posted by bombidol
    A jobber Called Mike Modest! are you joking?? Mike Modest is one of the finest pro wrestlers in the world today!

Sorry, I had never heard of the fella and the guy who told me about it said he was a jobber so I took it as that. Who is the guy anyway? Can I read an online biog of him anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Since this board moved to the SPORT section there have been alot of people talking through there preverbilal arses!!!

For the sake of both your sanity, and getting an A1 slagging from alot of people (myself included) get your stuff right b4 u start saying stuff, I mean, as far as essential viewing goes, what ever happened to ''Beyond the Mat''?

All this stuff about fake chairs and painless feaths, I laugh in the face of it all: HA HA HA HA HA!!!
    The only reason why they do that is so parents will say, ''Oh since its fake our 4 year olds can watch it. Do people realise, u can practice, and practice, and practice, and practice some more, and ITS ALWAYS GONNA HURT! Dont believe every thing u read and see... The number 1 aspect of wrestling is simply testostorine, u have to be a man and not a lil' bitch (example:Randy Orton) and be a hard ass that aint afraid to break a nail (example:RVD, Jeff Hardy)

GEDDIT?

Hanza
    And that is why they call me the Heretic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

www.prowrestlingiron.com for Modest, also dont watch wrestling again until you watch "Beyond The Mat" fantastic documentary about Wrestling presented in a non ANti Wrestling fashion

Hi I'd just like to clarify that I'm not anti-wrestling (even if I sound like it) and I do in fact have great admiration for the men and women I see wrestling on TV week in week out. The numerous injuries reported are testament that even if pro-wrestling is 'fake' that it still dangerous and not just anyone could walk into a ring and do what these guys do.

BTW thanks for that link B.I. and I'll check out that documentary next chance I get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

I think shows like that just encourage backyard wrestling more. I mean there showing you how to do the moves.

It's so cheesy it's funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭eggs

Some of the other Masked wrestlers were, The Pit Bulls (ECW) and Maxx Payne (WCW/WWE)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

i watch wresteling alright a bit on tv . i just was wondering what people thought of the film . wrestling is great entertainment . funny at times , esp. when you see the crowd all fired up .

i though it was intersteing that they gave the fans the big plack cards with the names on them . :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement