Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chipper in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

not very many chipper chippers in dublin city but leo burdocks in christchurch was always good to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

D&#233 wrote: »
    Mmm....Cunninghams - rip off merchants but class chipper. And do you mean Pine Grove near the Holy Cross school?
    Pine Grove is indeed beside HC school - but he said Pine Grove Heights? Possibly just confusion or else there is another estate the far side of town, so long since I lived there... still, remember Cunninghams was pretty sweet though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

DMC wrote:
    The Miami in Ashtown, just off the Navan Road.

I heartily recommend their Snack Boxes with 2 breasts.

i have to disagree with u there...i live just up the road from them and i wouldnt touch anything outta there, the chips are soggy and there chicken is normally cold, and i hate the rude ignorant staff aswell.

i would reccommend "the premier" in wex town... absolutely gorgeous chicken and onion rings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Eh all you fools should get your ass down to burdocks in christchurch,
    BEST CHIPS EVER,
    although Hillbillys in cork city do the best chicken burgers ive ever eaten in my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

iv eatin in cunninghams in tramore tis lavley

alfredos in athlone has to be the nicest chipperr in the midlands

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

I agree with ya Pixie Student -

Walkers in town (Waterford) and Cunninghams in Tramore THE BEST EVER. Their chips are delicious. Love Chicken Fillet Burgers from Danny's in Barrack St. too.

Buckfast (you're username brings back so many vague memories!) - yeah you can still get bla's in Waterford. Most corner shops or supermarkets sell them. Just had a lovely crusty one this morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Pablo wrote:
    lennoxs bandon rd. cork
    it's the best in Ireland not a doubt!!! yum yum yum yum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

not very many chipper chippers in dublin city but leo burdocks in christchurch was always good to me

I agree with ye on that.The one in christ church is better than the one is phisboro.You gotta love the bag of crispies ye get oute burdocks.
    Also the chippie(thats the actual name of it) in kinegad is lovely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

climaxer wrote:
    I agree with ya Pixie Student -

Walkers in town (Waterford) and Cunninghams in Tramore THE BEST EVER. Their chips are delicious. Love Chicken Fillet Burgers from Danny's in Barrack St. too.

Buckfast (you're username brings back so many vague memories!) - yeah you can still get bla's in Waterford. Most corner shops or supermarkets sell them. Just had a lovely crusty one this morning...

Oh we have such good tatse :p

Speaking of blas.. They are yummy filled with crisps, along with a cuppa tea followed by a ciggie.. AH! thats what dreams are made of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tellox wrote:
    Cunninghams out in tramore, no doubt.

Darn tootin! Some queues there in the summer though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

KevIRL wrote:
    Darn tootin! Some queues there in the summer though

Yeah unreal queues - best time is to go out on a winter's evening and get a box of chips and chicken wing and sit in the car looking at the waves crashing over the pier wall when the tide is in. Then head into Freddies to play a few slots ;) - I'm easily pleased!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Golden Fry on the Ballinlough Rd in Cork gets my vote closely followed by Lennox's.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭trajan

jeez, these mcdonaghs and cunninghams oughta be pretty damn good after all this praise. Nonetheless, I must chip in here (cringe) and suggest jokers in greystones. big fat lovely chips, the best half pounder ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Burdocks in Dublin - Christ church. Best I've had anywho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Leo Burdocks for me too with an honourable mention to Borza's in Sandymount village. Not only do Burdocks do the best chips but they also give ridiculously generous portions as well!

Nyom... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

thebhoy wrote:
    Donkey Ford's in Limerick.

The food is fantastic, the chip's were voted one of the nicest in ireland on a today fm survey thingy.

I'll second that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Molly's on Holborn Street in Sligo. Gorgeous fish & chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭flyinfishmonkey

Giles wrote:
    Leo Burdocks for me too with an honourable mention to Borza's in Sandymount village. Not only do Burdocks do the best chips but they also give ridiculously generous portions as well!

Nyom... :D
    Here here! They have lots of lovely fishees and they do give lots in their portions. Ooh I think I'll head up there now... All this reading about chippers is making me hungry!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 muttleys_girl

for waterford i'd say danny's chicken fillet burgers are a must....but genoas in the square in dungarvan is even better. their chicken fillet burg. are the best ever.....and their curry chip...........yum! only problem is they have very strange opening times and are never open after the nightclub! :(

leo burdocks in dub is great most of the time but their standards dropped over the years....cant stand macaris or roma! yukyukyuk!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

all the maccaris and sammys / sams are owned by the same family best chippers ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

trajan wrote:
    jeez, these mcdonaghs and cunninghams oughta be pretty damn good after all this praise. Nonetheless, I must chip in here (cringe) and suggest jokers in greystones. big fat lovely chips, the best half pounder ever!!

are they "Chunky Chips"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Luigis in Ranelagh gets my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

<3 Burdocks in Christchurch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

for me living in city centre it has to be lobster pot

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

That place in tramore where you get the box of chips class!
    Also in limerick enzo's on william street,not a fan of donkeyfords too greasy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

DMC wrote:
    The Miami in Ashtown, just off the Navan Road.

I heartily recommend their Snack Boxes with 2 breasts.

food is terrible there now, and the staff couldn't care less. no decent chippers in Ashtown area anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lil_miss_perfec

ah, burdocks is lovely!!! best in dublin anyway!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rach!!!

or vincents in d village?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Borza in perrystown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Scubachick

Morelli's in Roscommon town
    Kettle of Fish in Gort

Both Yummy yummy yummy and I am shocked and amazed that nobody mentioned them yet! Kettle of Fish also does really good fish :D

Feck Weight Watchers - I'm starvin now!

Advertisement