Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chipper in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

Corega wrote:
    Macari's in Dundrum, superb chips and chicken kebabs :p

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh(incase its not clear i'm droolin'
    )aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

mkkk(clears neck and)
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooooh(oops i mean)aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    hhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

...............................................................................ah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭test999

Corega wrote:
    Macari's in Dundrum, superb chips and chicken kebabs :p
    totally! and the chinese near Friarsland mosque is pretty good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

well lads
    lets be honest
    the best chipper in ireland is the one thats nearest to ya after ya stagger out of the pub....
    in fairness thats true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Apriles in Stillorgan have the Best Batter Burgers ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

bubby wrote:
    Apriles in Stillorgan have the Best Batter Burgers ..

..... but don't know how to fry chips. (Or else, realise that 95% of their customers are so drunk on a Saturday night, that they don't care how raw their chips are!)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

No the best chipper in ireland is Bethleem in athlone nicest bag of chips in ireland any time of the day.

Pizza's are lovely also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Mattie Kielys In cork you just cant beat it.The Food is just savage.Your nothing without tasting it

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...........That goes out to everyone that has not tried mattie kielys on maylor street in cork..........IT IS the nicest chipper ever.......never mind in ireland........its the nicest ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 StevieK5000

McDonagh's in Galway have to be the best. Theyre an institution basically. The first thing the Yanks ask when they come over is how to get to Mcdonagh's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Scubachick wrote:
    Morelli's in Roscommon town
    Kettle of Fish in Gort

Both Yummy yummy yummy and I am shocked and amazed that nobody mentioned them yet! Kettle of Fish also does really good fish :D

Feck Weight Watchers - I'm starvin now!
    Last time I ate in kettle of fish the fish was rotten.
    I ain't ever going back!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hate to drag up dead topics but...

Cunnighams have lost there taste if you ask me. Tis gone a bit tacky with the new design and "Number Calling" way of getting wat ya order now. Reminds me of MCDonalds. I think Tonys has taken over its "image" as a lot say Cunnighams chips often taste like re-heats now, and there wicked expensive. There chicken is still lovely tho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Burdocks, nicest chipper in Ireland easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

trade winds in arklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

Apriles in stillorgan the best for chicken fillet kebab!!!! :p:p:p

used to be my local now sadly miami's in ashtown is... :(:( but they do a better chip especially the really expensive garlic cheese chips....

hmmmmmm...me is hungery now...rumble rumble...might take a spin to stillorgan for a kebab.....and visit the homeplace for the nosh up.... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

San Marinos in Dundrum. I remember in college our house ordering a lot from that place. Lovely quarter pounders and chunky chips. Oh yes!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

trajan wrote:
    jeez, these mcdonaghs and cunninghams oughta be pretty damn good after all this praise. Nonetheless, I must chip in here (cringe) and suggest jokers in greystones. big fat lovely chips, the best half pounder ever!!

used to be till the Asians took it over i prefer pineto classico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 milesdavis

has no one tried kettle of fish in gort? Seriously good food .......chicken burgers 2 die for........real chips fresh fish they make their own stuff.well worth a pitt stop i travel cork to galway a lot and always save my hunger stop for here.
    AND THEY DO BATTERED MARS BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Forte's in Rathgar, such good chips! Nice and fluffy, not very greasy and delicious with ketchup and mayo. They also do a good burger and battered sausage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

stag39 wrote:
    miami's in ashtown is... :(:( but they do a better chip especially the really expensive garlic cheese chips....

that place is rotten and its full of scumbags, don't know how anyone can go there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

my favourite is molly's in sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

The chippers in Saggart (cant for the life of me remember its name), make the best chips I ever tasted, its right across the road from the pub (as all good chippers should be :) ).

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Shamrok wrote:
    Molly's on Holborn Street in Sligo. Gorgeous fish & chips.
    Yup, ya can't beat Mollys!

Worthy of a mention are Donegals Famous Chipper in Donegal Town, Baskins in Dunkineely, and Mr Chippie in Letterkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The nicest chipper in Ireland used to be The Stella in Dundrum, absolutely amazing food, everything was gorgeous! But they sold it off a few years ago and it's now a Borza's and it's horrible :(

I shouldn't have read this thread, i'm starving now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

best batterburger in teh country can be got at the kettle of fish in gort, co galway. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As this hoary ol' thread has been brought back to life - I'll go for:

Burdock's in Christchurch (not as good as it used to be though)
    The Penguine in New Ross (sadly no longer doing trotters)
    Deli Burger in Balbriggan

If you don't care too much about taste or value for money, but like your food served by an exceptionally miserable Italian with a lisp - then Macari's in Skerries is just for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Mark wrote:
    For me theres no question at all. Its McDonaughs (not sure bout spelling but its pronounced Mc Done-ahs) in Salthill, Co.Galway. It 93 miles from my house so dont worry about local bias.
    I got a battered ray wing there.
    One of the literally most disgusting things I've ever eaten. But I suppose it was a battered ray wing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Hill Billy wrote:
    Deli Burger in Balbriggan

Hill Billy, you're havin a laugh:eek:. Nothing compares to the original Pop-In (sadly gone) up the road.

My second choice would be Romayos/Maximus in Maynooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Jimoslimos wrote:
    Hill Billy, you're havin a laugh:eek:. Nothing compares to the original Pop-In (sadly gone) up the road.

Compared to the sh1te you get in Skerries - tis like dining in The Savoy Grill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Mc Donogh's in Galway. No question. But Coleman's on Eglinton Street do better coleslaw.

Runners up:
    Aprile in Portobello
    Embassy Grill in Ballsbridge
    Burdocks

Advertisement