Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Flash MX trial version!

Options
  • 13-07-2002 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone knows of a way around it.

I downloaded Flash MX a few days ago from a site. Installed it okay but when I went to use it it said that the trial had expired.

"Okay, fair enough", I thought, "I'll download it from the official Macromedia site and it should be okay then."

Spent a couple of hours downloading it yet again today from the Macromedia site, installed it but, once again, when I went to use it it said the trial had expired on that as well. What's going on, folks? Are Macromedia posting up trial-expired versions on their website and wasting people's time downloading them? Or is there another reason why it's not working for me? Has anyone else had this problem?

Just so you know, I've got Dreamweaver 3.0 and Fireworks 4.0 on my system as well and they're working fine but could there be some sort of a conflict there somwhere with Flash MX that's preventing me from using it? Any help would be appreciated, folks. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea.. smae problem after 30 days it says "Trial Expired" whats that about :D:D:D

Contact Macromedia support.. its around the link to the trial verson... If you have any problems click here or somefin. Contact them and tell them your problem. I had the same problem a year ago with dreamweaver 2 and they send me out a CD... nice of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by Winters
    Yea.. smae problem after 30 days it says "Trial Expired" whats that about

Actually Winters, my problem is that I didn't get any time out of it at all, let alone 30 days. I installed it and the first time I went to use it it said the trial was expired, as if someone had used up the 30 days beforehand.

Thanks for the advice, though. I'll see what they have to say on the Macromedia site as you suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

Did you install the preview release of Dreamweaver mx?

I know that it's trial finished on a date before the production release, so if you installed a day before you only got 1 days trial - maybe it's installer is affecting Flash.

Okay folks, I've sorted the problem with some help from a fellow Boards.ie member who PM'd me. Thanks for all your help anyway and thanks especially to that particular Boards.ie member for the advice and help. They know who they are! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Why don't ya post the solution to the problem? If other people are having the same issue then all they get is: "I fixed it". :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Originally posted by anthonymcg
    Why don't ya post the solution to the problem? If other people are having the same issue then all they get is: "I fixed it". :)

Probably because the Gods of the Boards(tm) don't look well upon people saying they cracked software. (o:

- Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

The Reason Probably is that the first version you downloaded was already expired ............ What site did you D/L from ??

So there for when you D/L the version from the macromedia Site there is a code that wont let you D/L it again .

Guru ?

That sounds like it could be it alright, The Guru. How does it do that, though? When you download it does it automatically change the registry or something? I've solved it now anyway but I'm curious as to how it does it before you even install it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Just a guess, but I'd imagine the first version you downloaded had both a "you can't use this for more than 30 days" and a "you can't use this after a certain date, which we've hotwired into the trial"

It would at least explain why it gave you a "trial used up" error when you'd just installed it.

Could have been a late beta - there were a few floating around for a while (this would almost certainly have a best before end date - useless giving someone a 30day beta when they may be trialling it for you for longer than that but perfect to have it expire a few days after the official release). The last time I tried a beta from one of the bigger companies was with Windows ME - all betas had a specific best before date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Simialr to what Sceptre was saying...

Is it not simply that the registry is altered to prevent peeps from repeatedly downloading the trial and and that it prevents a newly downloaded trial from being used as the original downlaod date in *your* registry will have expired.

--
    Anyway I sense this thread might go "warez" v.quickly so I'll stop :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement