Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info on Dell please

• 11-08-2000 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I just went for a tech test for Dells tech support and got 48 out of 50 or 96% if you will.

what I need to know now is what are the working hours like (shift? how many days a week? how many hours a day?) what are the ppl like? and who from the boards works there? also do you get disscounts on Dell goods? smile.gif

my interview is on Wed next.

thanks for any info

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

hi sutty,
    i worked for a company called client logic who are an out source center for dell tech support. your hours will more than likely be 9-5.30. unless you can speak a foreign language you'll be on the uk lines. don't want to put you off but tech support for a major company is a great starting pint but its also the biggest oanin int he hole. but dell have gaaod agent support, but they are very strict on your on the phone time. you get a 10% disscount.
    well good luck in the interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

thanks stu_69, no shift woohoo!!!!!!!

by you work for client logic do you mean that you work in Dell as well?

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

no client logic were a company that were employed by dell to take the overflow from their tech support q. so technically i worked for dell but i actually worked for client logic. by the way i shouldn't be telling you this because dell don't want anybody to know that they outsource their calls.

if you want to ask me anything before youir interview mail me at:
    stu_69@hotmail.com

but don't worry you should sail thru the interview. just one word of advise: tech support for home users will drain the living soul out of you after 5-6 months. after 6 months its was a lining hell every day for me. so just be prepared for the worst and you should be fine.
    just one other thing dell have a very good traing program also they encourage their staff to persue certification like mcp's ect and they will pay for the as well so you can at least get some good out of them.

sorry bout the spelling mistakes. i must check what i send before i post from now on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

just one word of advise: tech support for home users will drain the living soul out of you after 5-6 months. after 6 months its was a lining hell every day for me.
    This is true. (for me anyway)

But I know ppl who happily stuck with it for over a year smile.gif

- What's this now?™ -

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I've been on AOL tech support now for just over six months, the first month is alright not too bad after that it becomes worse and worse each day...
    If I want to collect on my share options I have to stay till march so if i can last another 6 months I'll be well paid for it... but it isn't the nicest job ever... hell it's not even a nice job
    good luck with the interview wink.gif

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Hey sutty,
    I actually went for this job a few weeks ago and got it, but I turned it down.

You'll have three interviews on Wed. There's a technical one, a HR one, and one where you answer two fake calls. The technical stuff is fairly easy and seeing as you did so well in the test you'll fly through it. Try to read up a bit about laptops to really impress them wink.gif

The HR interview is just a chat basically to see what kind of person you are. Relax for it.

With the phonecalls just be polite to the guy and speak properly and you'll be fine.

Hopefully if you get a callback after that, there's another interview in the plant itself, where you take a look around the place and listen in on a few calls. Apparently if you get to that stage you've pretty much got the job, so they say.

Anyways, all the best!
    And if you get it, tell us what I'm missing out on smile.gif

Karla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭riam

Anyone know what the pay is like in Dell?

'bout 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Karla what kind of questions did they ask you and what where the call tests about?

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

• Advertisement

Sutty, I think they really just want to see if you can solve problems on your own and if you're an alright person.

They'll ask you to talk about problems that you've experienced, how you fixed it, and the outcome. There are a few of those type questions. It's simple stuff, really, nothing to be worried about at all.

There are two calls, one was just this customer whose sound wasn't working....simple. The other call is this guy getting all ****ed off at you, just stay calm that's all.

You'll fly through it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

as long as they don't as you to throw a grenade, you'll do fine smile.gif

Advertisement