Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Is It?

Options
  • 14-07-2002 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

anyone who watched Smackdown this week would have seen a little video of a wrestler with a caption at the end of it telling us he's coming.

my question is this:
    who is he? and is he good?
    i've only ever watched WWE and a bit of ECW when it was on Bravo so i don't think i've ever seen this guy. can anyone shed some light on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

It's Rey Mysterio Junior (Rey Jr). He was in ECW for a while he had a great two outta three falls match with Juvi. He went to WCW. He will do well in the cruiser division. His mask was taken off but he went crap when the mask came off. He will be a good addition to the smackdown roster

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

rey mysterio jr. is an incrediblr lucha libre wrestler (mexican high flying)

i never considered him crap at any stage of his career - while i will agree that he wasnt at his best in the latter days, he still was outwrestling just about everyone else on the roster but at just over five feet tall he has little or no chance in an ogr such as the wwe with its penchant for big men - but i could be, and hopefully am, wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Rey Reys biggest problems was a back injurey that cut down a lot of his highflying moves, try and find some of his stuff from Ecw ( Ranas off Balconys) and some of his stuff from WCW from the mid-late 90,s find matches against , Psicosis, Eddie Guerrero, Kidman, Juvi i thin he might have one of two against Blitzkreig (Amazing) too, His matches against Kevin Nash were good for a laugh too, he is absolutly tiny, 5,1 or 5,2 i think, he was nearly classed as a midget wrestler in his early days, but the max height for a mini in mexico was 5 Ft

Anyway hope that helps, and i hope my info is correct, let me know if its not:)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

Bomb is right.

Rey in his ECW days was class. I think it's going to be a good cruiser division with him. I reckon more ppl will watch rey coming, than they did to see the rock return...again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

so it's something to look forward to then :)

as for the Rock, i wish he would piss off and make more films. he is so boring :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

anyone who wants to see some of mysterio should check out big ass extreme bash (ecw vid) it has highlights of a match againsed juventud gurerra and a full match against juventud the following night - they are superb - well worth the price of the tape alone (though there is plenty more on the tape worth watching) and you can also get a couple of his matches againsed billy kidman (again superb stuff) - i cant remember which tapes exactly but they would date from 99 - check out a shop called templecom on aston quay - it has all those wcw tapes for 9/10 euro - not bad

Advertisement