Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness Report

Options
  • 14-07-2002 11:36am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't it great?

Can somebody please let me know how Turn and Jimmy Cake were, as I was watching some guy flip out on the dual carriageway and drive off up the grass verge, to have a chat with a nice policeman, and memorising the number plate of the car in front.

Ahh, super day though.
    My little sister went missing so I had to wander around like a looper searching for her before she kidnapped Batman, got separated from my friends during Foo Fighters cos I went off to see Pony Club, who were great, and then came out covered in muck to find my car had sunk to the wheel arches. And a special thank you to the guy who picked me up, carried me off, and rolled me in the muck.

I will hunt you down.

So please, Turn and Jimmy Cake reports!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

i didnt see the jimmy cake but made it in time to see turn who were really really good.the atmosphere wasnt as good as sum of the other acts cus there wasnt enuff ppl there, and most of the ppl that were in the pit were just chucking dutch gold around the place. really enjoyed it tho-nice start to the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Turn were really good! I saw them on the main stage. then went & saw them & Melaton on the TV stage in the treatment area. They were soooooo cool there & I got to meet them after & got autographs & foto's and stuff . didn't see Jimmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

yeah i'd a great day myself...
    i saw

babelfish
    jimmy eat world
    cornelius
    the hives (only cos i was queuing to get back in the pit for the frames)
    the frames
    sonic youth
    woodstar
    foo fighters
    and
    air

cornelius were the best act of the day... if anyone else was there i've no doubt you'll agree... the frames as usual were also excellent but cornelius...just deadly

i was freaked bout the upstage thing... i was dying to see gemma hayes and the stage wasnt even open for her

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Ah, good to hear of local boys doing well!! I really wish I hadn't missed Turn, they and Gemma Hayes were the reason I bought the damn ticket in the first place..(oh go on then, the foos and the prodigy twisted my arm as well. Right into my pocket)

Yeah, big shame about Gemma, she's so good live, it wwas a disaster.

Boo hiss etc

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

did the bluetones not turn up r sumtin?all the times on the main stage were put forward by half an hour or so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

cornelius were the best act of the day... if anyone else was there i've no doubt you'll agree... the frames as usual were also excellent but cornelius...just deadly

aye seen cornelius at glastonbury.. hopefully it was at nighttime so the show was even better? everyone was just standing there going "whoa.. whoa.." such an excellent and original live act.

were mercury rev playing? was well impressed with them live as well.

what where air like live? was a very very boring set in glast..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

The frames were one of my highlight especially cause they played Mic Cristopher's "Hay Day" excellent! Foo Fighters were brilliant jimmy eat world were ok, but i thought they could have been better, Green Day what an amazing show! Hope they come back sometime, it was funny with the mud had a mud throw/fight with my friends. I mainly speant nearly the whole day in the beer tents!! Someone i cant remember his name bought me a drink thank you for that! And it was funny when the Upstage was sinking in the mud! I got home at 2 in the morning and had to be in work at 9 this morning 9 to 6! I was in bits!! Anyone go to the signing tent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Witnness was absolutely amazing.Did anyone else join the large pilgrimage-esque 8km walk from when the buses spent 1 hour moving 300m? The Frames were amazing, as were Sonic Youth, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Greenday, and Spiritualized, stoned scary danceheads notwithstanding.Hacienda That, Jimmy Eat World and The Hives were pants though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

was unimpressed by the whole thing to be honest, didn't get in until 5.30 so i missed cornelius, beta band were pretty good despite the shockingly bad sound, sonic youth were surprisingly good, especially cuz i'm not into their records at all, mercury rev were absolutly stunning and i'm not into their records either, prodigy were good too, but overall the day was such a let down that i decided not to go down today on account of there not being many folks i really wanted to see besides lemon jelly and primal scream. I had a very nice long sleep instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

I was very impressed with Cornelius, one of the highlights of the day for me. Missed half of Sandra Bernhard's short (30 min) set, but what I saw was excellent. Would love to see her somewhere a bit more intimate, like Vicar Street. I thought I was her only fan, was surprised at the amount of people there for her.

And Mercury Rev were fantastic too.

However, it was all a bit too mucky and badly organised to trek back to for the second day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I was going home from work on the Navan road Saturday evening on my motorbike and all you ****s were walking in and around cars and opening car doors, never beeped my horn so many times. Nearly killed a few of you too ! :)

Slaan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Personally thought saturday was a nightmare, every1 crammed into 2/3rds of the place while upstage was trying to be refloated. Finally saw Ian Brown, not my cup o tea but did enjoy, Hives were ok, nothin great since Dublin castle, Green day were great (as always) but spent more time dodgin missiles, and aimin em!!
    Foos were top bo11ox as always, didnt play as long as on friday tho,shame... new stuff sounds well worth waitin 4, old stuff still sounds good. Prodigy sounded good, had to watch from a distance as friend was half-dead.
    Wasnt too enamoured about going sunday after mudfest but 110% glad i did. Upstage was the place to be, walked past main stage as the Revs were bein heckled as always, to miss Rival Schools(shame) i heard they rocked. Cooper Temple Clause were next, was a great way to start the day. If anyone is bored of Oasis playin the same stuff, try watchin these guys, all the swagger and sound but without the blandness. Feel sorry for the stage blokes who had to fix the stage afterwards as they were determined to break everything. A were good, a bit too americanised, not seen em for about 6 yrs live, free gig in a sh1thole back room in Sheffield before they sold-out to the nu(jokin!), good crowd pleasers,teasers tho. Less than Jake were pretty good from a distance, Black rebels, awesome stuff again, please come back for a headline. Went to chill at Reindeer section then as Gary L is a top bloke indeed, never seen sparklers waved at a gig b4!!!. Straight off to see Primal Scream, not my thing but definitely enjoyed more than i thought i would, hung around for the hype that is Oasis, still pretty good live, Liam apologisin for sneezin attack at beginnin, the hard man of rock he is, hehe. Stayed around for an hour to finish off the nite dancin to the Dewaeles(soulwax dj's) to end the night. Seein all these people dancin to Dolly Parton/Royksopp/NIrvana/Destinys child etc...good stuff. Loved the new Hives mix too, shame about an encore tho'..come on Witness its a festival not a bloody school disco.
    All in all the best one yet, only downer was spending 2 hrs on a bus in the car park goin nowhere fast listenin to some annoyin git from Ballyfermot, no offence BallyF. Try beatin it next year...tricky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

The weekend was the dogs bollox. Wow.

BEat last year hands down. No doubt about it. The amazing line-up certainly helped out in that respect. Started off with Turn. I was slightly inebriated (already) but the lads gave it their all and sounded great. Had a pint and almost puked. Did they heat the Carlsberg cause it tasted awful. Then proceeded to loose all my friends. Broke into the pit for The Hives. Watched them. Came back out. Met this girl i'm in love with. The excitment starts to rise. Then suddenly I meet all my friends. At this stage i'm ecstatic but suprisingly sober. Then Glen Hansard comes on and I'm in heaven .This girl beside me and The frames in the air. **** me.
    I couldn't stop smilin. Then some seriously funny mud fights at Green Day. Then this guy who looks like jesus starts one with me. We get mucky but its all good. Go get some noodles. Return for the Foos. My Hero is just mind blowing. That song just brings back so many childhood memories. Thers a guy behind me cryin when it comes on. Poor fella was just overcome. Went crowdsurfin landed on my face Stacked actors comes on. I get up brush myself off and bellow at the top of my lungs. Everlong probably the best Foos song and fireworks. ****in magical. Prodigy had alot to live up to for me and did well. Maxim is awesome on stage, the guy is just raw energy. Great Great night.

I have a campin band and a space in my mates tent but I decide to go home have a shower and somethin to eat. I feel so much better. Polyphonic spree provide some craic at least. Then the weekend takes a turn for the worst. I unwittingly follow my mates onto Ali Barba and Dance master "rides" near the upstage. They should renamed the puke inducer and the stomach pump.
    My face is green. NOt good at all. I should have known what to expect by lookin at the guys who were runnin it. They looked very dodgy. Then the woman I love ran away and I didn't see her again for the rest of the day. I was close to tears. Then I meet the dude out of Rival Schools hangin around the main stage for polyphonic spree. I gave him a rich tea biscuit. He said it was a good biscuit. I agreed. I ****ed off. Watched athlete. Damn impressive, but couldn't cure my broken heart. My mate suggested we go see Starsailor. Oh dear, what a heap of steaming **** in a bucket. When your biggest cheer comes froma Beatles cover you have to know your finsihed. That nasty band did nothin to cheer me up but then............

Then came Mundy.

Christ on a bicycle that gig was the ultimate. MExico had me in such a happy state I was dancin like a mainiac. Then July.
    Holy **** on a stick that was amazing. Absolutly wonderful. Just indescribable. Wow.

Then to Less than Jake who provided the best laughs of the day.
    Iwas located at the front right of the stage. This huge pit broke out. Just to see nu-metal kids gettin creamed in the muck was worth the price of the ticket. It was ****in hilarious.

Gomez provided an amazing set but the crowd weren't happinin for them. I wish they had of played that set at the Ambassador in April. Las Vegas dealer is an amazing song but i thought they were on the wrong stage. I think in the rising or upstage would have suited them better cause hallf the people in the pit were just there to be in the pit for Oasis. Next up Badly Drawn Boy. I'll say no more. He was pure class. That guy is a legend.
    Some south dublin ****er starts shoutin at him sayin " I bet you can't play wonderwall you fat bastard. OASIS" His friend leads him away as he bursts into Three lions on our shirt. This guy is actually Irish. But nobody cared. Witnness is just such a happy buzz. The crowd is predominatly friendly apart from the odd asshole who thinks he's a slane and can do whatever he wants. The security were all pretty sound (especially on the Upstage,did you see the guy with the fez) apart from the Main Stage. They were assholes. One guy came up to me and dragged me away from the crowd. " I had trouble with you before at the frames in dublin castle. If you do one out of place thing i'll have back in whatever ****hole you come from before you can cry for your mammy". Well something to that effect. Yes thrown outta the Frames for gods knows what, twice. I'm famous for it. At least 7 or eight people stopped me to tell me they seen me gettin chucked out of the Frames. Must be the only one ever to be thrown outta of a Frames gig. 7 or 8 people. Bet thats more fans than Damian Rice. Ha.

Then to Basement Jaxx who quite simply stole the whole show. Just fan-****in-tastic. Wheres your head at was particularly genius. And I was crowd surfin for them. Left 20 minutes early to see Soulwax. Well what can I say. I'm quite sure there was no better way to finish the night. My friend then got arressted for startin a mud war at Oasis. All in all the festival was brilliant. THe best thing about witnness is it has a sense of humour. Its quirky and so attracts funny people. It wallops the **** outta Slane as an outdoor gig. It recognises that its not just about the bands but the audience you attract aswell. I was a bit worried that the Oasis contingent might ruin it but the anti Oasis contigent blew them away. Gathered at basement Jaxx we revelled in our anti oasis atmosphere. Roll on next year.

Smell the glove my friends. Smell the glove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

I was quite impressed with Turn..it was my first time seeing the lads live,although I do know a few songs.I thought they pulled it off quite well.
    Couldn't believe The Frames done a cover of Debaser...class.
    Green Day were amazing..nice gesture by Billy Joe giving away one of his guitars..
    The Hives were funny as f**k.
    And The Foos and The Prodigy..what can you say..just blew me away...I only went on the Saturday,cos The Dubs were playing on the Sunday...All I can say is...WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

were you all at a different festival or something? how on earth you can rave so enthusiastically about such a terrible festival is beyond me. witnness (or ****ness, as it shall now be known), was the worst organised fest i've ever attended. the security were over-zealous (to put it nicely), there were no bins around the place, the treatment area was a complete joke (so you get two free pints of watery guinness. big ****in deal.), and one of the freakin stages sank into the ground! don't even get my started on the prices... i can't believe i forked out over one hundred euro for mud and food poisoning, worsened by being able to hear oasis from my tent. they were so awful.

all that saved the weekend from being the worst of my life was seeing turn twice, and shagging the hell out of david grohl. otherwise, many boo's and hisses from me to witnness. waste of energy, waste of money, waste of an entire frickin weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by poobags
    The weekend was the dogs bollox. Wow.

BEat last year hands down. No doubt about it. The amazing line-up certainly helped out in that respect. Started off with Turn. I was slightly inebriated (already) but the lads gave it their all and sounded great. Had a pint and almost puked. Did they heat the Carlsberg cause it tasted awful. Then proceeded to loose all my friends. Broke into the pit for The Hives. Watched them. Came back out. Met this girl i'm in love with. The excitment starts to rise. Then suddenly I meet all my friends. At this stage i'm ecstatic but suprisingly sober. Then Glen Hansard comes on and I'm in heaven .This girl beside me and The frames in the air. **** me.
    I couldn't stop smilin. Then some seriously funny mud fights at Green Day. Then this guy who looks like jesus starts one with me. We get mucky but its all good. Go get some noodles. Return for the Foos. My Hero is just mind blowing. That song just brings back so many childhood memories. Thers a guy behind me cryin when it comes on. Poor fella was just overcome. Went crowdsurfin landed on my face Stacked actors comes on. I get up brush myself off and bellow at the top of my lungs. Everlong probably the best Foos song and fireworks. ****in magical. Prodigy had alot to live up to for me and did well. Maxim is awesome on stage, the guy is just raw energy. Great Great night.

I have a campin band and a space in my mates tent but I decide to go home have a shower and somethin to eat. I feel so much better. Polyphonic spree provide some craic at least. Then the weekend takes a turn for the worst. I unwittingly follow my mates onto Ali Barba and Dance master "rides" near the upstage. They should renamed the puke inducer and the stomach pump.
    My face is green. NOt good at all. I should have known what to expect by lookin at the guys who were runnin it. They looked very dodgy. Then the woman I love ran away and I didn't see her again for the rest of the day. I was close to tears. Then I meet the dude out of Rival Schools hangin around the main stage for polyphonic spree. I gave him a rich tea biscuit. He said it was a good biscuit. I agreed. I ****ed off. Watched athlete. Damn impressive, but couldn't cure my broken heart. My mate suggested we go see Starsailor. Oh dear, what a heap of steaming **** in a bucket. When your biggest cheer comes froma Beatles cover you have to know your finsihed. That nasty band did nothin to cheer me up but then............

Then came Mundy.

Christ on a bicycle that gig was the ultimate. MExico had me in such a happy state I was dancin like a mainiac. Then July.
    Holy **** on a stick that was amazing. Absolutly wonderful. Just indescribable. Wow.

Then to Less than Jake who provided the best laughs of the day.
    Iwas located at the front right of the stage. This huge pit broke out. Just to see nu-metal kids gettin creamed in the muck was worth the price of the ticket. It was ****in hilarious.

Gomez provided an amazing set but the crowd weren't happinin for them. I wish they had of played that set at the Ambassador in April. Las Vegas dealer is an amazing song but i thought they were on the wrong stage. I think in the rising or upstage would have suited them better cause hallf the people in the pit were just there to be in the pit for Oasis. Next up Badly Drawn Boy. I'll say no more. He was pure class. That guy is a legend.
    Some south dublin ****er starts shoutin at him sayin " I bet you can't play wonderwall you fat bastard. OASIS" His friend leads him away as he bursts into Three lions on our shirt. This guy is actually Irish. But nobody cared. Witnness is just such a happy buzz. The crowd is predominatly friendly apart from the odd asshole who thinks he's a slane and can do whatever he wants. The security were all pretty sound (especially on the Upstage,did you see the guy with the fez) apart from the Main Stage. They were assholes. One guy came up to me and dragged me away from the crowd. " I had trouble with you before at the frames in dublin castle. If you do one out of place thing i'll have back in whatever ****hole you come from before you can cry for your mammy". Well something to that effect. Yes thrown outta the Frames for gods knows what, twice. I'm famous for it. At least 7 or eight people stopped me to tell me they seen me gettin chucked out of the Frames. Must be the only one ever to be thrown outta of a Frames gig. 7 or 8 people. Bet thats more fans than Damian Rice. Ha.

Then to Basement Jaxx who quite simply stole the whole show. Just fan-****in-tastic. Wheres your head at was particularly genius. And I was crowd surfin for them. Left 20 minutes early to see Soulwax. Well what can I say. I'm quite sure there was no better way to finish the night. My friend then got arressted for startin a mud war at Oasis. All in all the festival was brilliant. THe best thing about witnness is it has a sense of humour. Its quirky and so attracts funny people. It wallops the **** outta Slane as an outdoor gig. It recognises that its not just about the bands but the audience you attract aswell. I was a bit worried that the Oasis contingent might ruin it but the anti Oasis contigent blew them away. Gathered at basement Jaxx we revelled in our anti oasis atmosphere. Roll on next year.

Smell the glove my friends. Smell the glove.

that was the longest post ever

were you all at a different festival or something? how on earth you can rave so enthusiastically about such a terrible festival is beyond me. witnness (or ****ness, as it shall now be known), was the worst organised fest i've ever attended. the security were over-zealous (to put it nicely), there were no bins around the place, the treatment area was a complete joke (so you get two free pints of watery guinness. big ****in deal.), and one of the freakin stages sank into the ground! don't even get my started on the prices... i can't believe i forked out over one hundred euro for mud and food poisoning, worsened by being able to hear oasis from my tent. they were so awful.

all that saved the weekend from being the worst of my life was seeing turn twice, and shagging the hell out of david grohl. otherwise, many boo's and hisses from me to witnness. waste of energy, waste of money, waste of an entire frickin weekend

i got my ticket for free, so it was well worth the €17 i spent getting there and back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

organisation-wise, it was a fuk-up and joke that
    one of the stages was closed for a day. it's ireland,
    they should be well prepared for potential waterlogs.

best buzz of the weekend came from the dance tent -
    complete stone roses and then the best closing act on sunday -
    the soulwax brothers....what every indie nite club needs,
    genius dj's who are equally impressive in their original band
    format.

also thumbs up for dandy's,BRMC, chem bros, gabrielle y rodrigo(vip tent) but prodigy and sonic youth didn't play much of the old
    classics.

great weekend with a few "but"'s for the organisers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

glen hansard rolling in the mud was my highlight.

got VERY upset with dave grohl for insulting courtney love like that. tried to boo him off the stage

me and the other coffin girl( only 2 of us were present)attempted to boo the hives off the stage, nearly got ourselves killed by angry fans. dicgraceful behaviour.

some drunk pushed me in the mud, very fun!

greenday rocked, jimmy eat world played cheating gets it faster which made me very happy and the 2 ppl i was depending on 4 vip passes forgot i existed. my phantom tshirt is covered in mud.

i think i did fairly well for my 1st festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

well i enjoyed myself! the frames were worth the price of the ticket by themselves. the hives may be law (liked those tshirts much, btw), but the frames are god. had to go see oasis though, i got dragged along by mate who could not be left alone (i would've had to carry her home). but aside from that and the sunburn, twas good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Bah to the people that booed the hives!!! Bah i say!!!! They were fabulous as usual ....but i seemed to be the only fan in the vicinity and got some abuse for my shirt/tie ensemble...... ah well they rocked. All in all a class weekend. Greenday were BRILLIANT!!! Loved the confetti and explosions such fun. Top eye candy of the weekend: Billy Joe, Howlin Pelle and Courtney Taylor( rockin those leather trousers i have gotta say!!!) Frames were good as usual mundy was great and Idlewild rocked the rising tent to its muddy foundations !!! Right now im nursing some sunburn but who cares!!!!:D :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I'm amazed that no one has mentioned No Doubt yet they played a great set and had a big crowd goin. Even before Gwen climbed the main stage? That was the highlight for sunday, other than the shere turnout for Oasis (not my favourite band in the world I left as they were comin on.)

Gomez played a great set but the speakers/sound man were'nt up to the bass and number of instruments.

Green Day kicked all ass!!

I have to agree bout the security, trying to get a flow of a few hundred people through a six foot gap across a 20 foot wide bridge that's smart.

All in all a great weekend even with the unreal sun burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

well, mcd couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery, so it would seem. It was fairly annoying, not actually getting to see any bands till 5 on saturday coz i was on a bus for 3 hours getting down there, despite being in town at 9.30, and the camping queue was about an hour long. But were any of you lucky enough to be told that, at 2am (and we were sober thankfully) you had to move ur tent, coz the field ur in isnt actually open to you, even though nobody told u this when u put ur tent up at 3pm????

but **** it, i had great time! On saturday i met jimmy eat world, i saw the frames gig, heard some of jimmy eat world(whilst in the camping queue) as with the hives, then saw the bluetones in the treatment tv tent (good) saw half of the beta bands set (excellent), saw the frames tv tent set 9excellent, though glen hansard ever learn the words to love will tear us apart by joy division? no, i think not), heard some of the foo's, saw half of sonic youth (they weren't great), saw the last mercury rev song which sent shivers down my spine, saw air (one of the 2 highlights of the weekend).and saw fuel my fire by prodigy which was good. although why on earth would someone put prodigy and the chemical brothers on at the same time????

on sunday i saw melaton, they were much beter then i give them credit for usually, the rednek manifesto were ****E, mundy wasnt great so i left and went out to see the end of starsailor (who were ok) no doubt who were great, saw gomez, who were ok, brmc seemed ok, i had planned on cn primal scream instead of the dandy warhol's, but the dandys were just too perfect for a festival to leave, so i left to see a couple of primal scream songs (looked absolutely buzzin)(bobby gillespie was the eye candy of the day, bar gwen stefani from no doubt). saw basement jaxx and they were the other highlight of the weekend, superb stuff, absolutely brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i missed the whole thing...i fell in a ditch on my way down friday night and only got out a half hour ago...what day is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

bus journey down was made all the better by laughing at the entertaining travelling folk fighting and looking menacing from there caravans.

mercury rev were easily the best act there in my humble opinion spiders and flies, goiddess on a highway and dark is rising were my stand out songs. during the gig and especially at the end the lead singer {whos name escapes me} just looked so pleased at the reception they were getting, it was a treat to see a singer and band who seemed to really enjoyed themselves.

corneliuos were a close second, didnt no much about them before i went in but they blew me away as did sonic yoth and jimmy eat world and air.
    green day did what they were there to do and did it well.

nobody seems to have mentioned wilt probably because they were the first act on the upstage and nobody was sure when it was gonna open and the fact that they were on at the same time as the frames BUT they were really f.u.c.kin good, sported trendy shirt, tie and pant combos aswell!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SeánD

...I need to have a record of what I did at Witnness because my memories are getting hazy all ready....that said it was probably the one of the best weekends of my life.....

It started off early Saturday morning, everyone met at my gaff then we got the bus into town, which is where the drinking started at 9am\o/ ....the weather was sooooooo good I couldnt believe it. When we got to Fairyhouse, I had a little scare when trying to get in. It was over 18's and I had no ID, so after much hassle regarding my age, and consent forms, I got in on the condition that I had a big X drawn on my arm so as I didn't get served...idiots...the X rubbed off with a bit of water

Anyway, Saturday was class, first band we saw was JEW and they really are just ****ing class Next few hours is a bit of blurr till Green Day came on....I watched the first 2 songs, the went out to check up on Sonic Youth...I watched 2 of their songs but I realised Green Day would be far much fun, so when I got back a full mudfight had started \o/ Now I mean this was a massive fight, like half of the crowd were invocled, a massive circle formed in the middle of everyone and it was war It was so funny, me and my mates kept aiming for certain people, like one guy who resembled the singer from Supergrass who kept walking in to the danger zone as if nothing was going on,he got ****ing smashed up Then my life was threatened by some dick who got all stroppy when a mudball hit him...."You do that again and I'll take your life you prick, I'm warning ye, I've done it before and I'll do it again, I'll rip your ****ing head off".....I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't for the fact that it was my mate who kept throwing the mudballs at him

So by the time Foo Fighters came on, everyone was a bit jaded, security were trying to break up the good natured mudfights....but FF were so energetic that the fight started again and me and my mates started aiming mud at the over priced burger stall It was deadly, the were forced to closer the shutters coz the were getting milled out of it
    After FF me and my mate Seán went to get changed, because we met two birds earlier in the day and arranged to meet up with them at 11. So we go back all pumped up, get washed, new shirt on and down to the bar to meet the girls(funnily enough my one was ginger , with lovely baps )....so we had a smoke and waited....and waited....then as the Prodigy were starting it dawned on us the we were stood up! I wouldn't have minded but we turned down to other birds who asked us to meet them later, becuase we already had arranged to meet them two.FFS

But anyway, Prodigy were pretty crap I thought. Maxim was a twat, you could tell he didnt give a flying **** about us but he kept saying stupid stuff like "C'mon, we know you irish love to rock" "Show us the spirit of the irish" etc etc that I thought was a load of bollox. Keith Flynn was class though, he left into the pit to pull out an irish flad and he wore it aorund his neck from the rest of the gig. Mad ****er was giving security loads too

So they finished at 12, then we backed to the campsite and I had great fun till the early others drinking,singing, smoking and what not. Funny story about were our tent was; It was right beside a little trench full of muddy water that is hard to spot in the dark. So practicly every 15 minutes someone stepped in the water, cue us in fits of laughter Imagine it, you hear the footspeps coming.....you can feel the tension in not trying to laugh....then all you here is "SPLASH, SPLURGE" " then "Ah ****ing bollox" We counted, 16 times people fell into it on the Saturday night.16!
    That backfiried on us last night though when we burst out laughing at someone who fell, but it turned out we were laughing at a group of scumbags/spidy ****. It looked like it was going to turn nasty as they were getting heavy(there was 6 of them to the 3 of us that were there at the time) but we smoothed them over by offering them 3 cans of Bud. Being the scumbags the are, the took them and left. Little did they know that those cans accidently fell in to the pissy trench Hope they ****ing got rat poisen \o/ Us 1-0 Scumbags.

Sunday morning we floated about for a while, Hoobastank was quite good as were the Revs. It sooned dawned on us that we may need more drink for the night so we went outside to see if anyone was selling cans. We found some bloke was selling "cans" from the back of his van and was selling water for a front/cover. He said we could have a tray of Heineken for 70, we tried to haggle him down to 55, so he told us to **** off. We went back later saying we'd pay 35 for 12 cans and he suprisingly accepted. So what we had to do was go over to his van, he asked for the money,we gave it to him, and he told us to walk round to the other side of the van, we did that...then the ****y wanker through us out 12 small bottle of harp in 2 packets, then warmed us to **** off,not to come back, or tell anyone how he shafted us or he would get all his 20 mates with him or whatever after us. There is nothing worse then getting shafted by knackers, I can tell you

After we got over that, we said **** it, put what little money we had left into a little kittie, bought as much drink as we could and had the time of our lives. The weather was sooooo good and we manged to get into another mudfight which was class. We were head to toe covered in various layers of muck So as we were walking back to out tent, we were offering any girls free hugs and an erotic dance, it was sooooooooo funny We(covered head to toe in much) mananged to get hugs of I think it was 15 girls and one fella wearing a thong It was so cool, there was just the best vibe I can ever remember feeling from the place, everyone got on with each other, it was just one big laugh. So we got changed and went to see Oasis who were ****e mussicly but it was good laugh and we had a good sing-a-long, it rounded off a perfect weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I had a super weekend
    It started bad though, i got to Witnness at 14:45 and i nearly missed Jimmy Eat World and if i did there woud have been WAR!
    The Hives were super. I was queueing up all during the frames to get into the pit and they wouldn't let anybody in so i qued up during half of Green Days set and they was total confusing as to where people where coming and going so about 10 of us climbed over the fense and barged our way in to the pit fo the Foos, oh yeah it was deadly! They played all the same songs as they did on Friday night which was disapointing.
    I wanted to see The Cooper Temple Cluse for a whole year and they played the loudest set ever, my ears were ringing for ages after it, but it was excellent. Then Less Than Jake were amazing they really put on a great show and they played all their best songs. Mundy playing July was amazing. But the best show went to Josh Ritter, all you need is a voice and a guitar to make beauitful music and he was joined on stage by Mundy and Glen Hansard and i think Nina Hynes for Her Eyes Shone Like Diamonds,better that Oasis any day! And i met Roger from Less Than Jake outside the treatment place!
    A super duper weekend

was anyone in camp site 8, and unable to sleep due to some wanker yelling "timmyyyyyyyyyyyy" every 2 minutes??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭skittles

Well what can I say? I was living for this thing but it was a shambles... Saturday was a disaster, the same complaints as others and then some!! Apart from the usual complaints about traffic, queues etc, the organisation of those shambolic treatment passes was a joke... the handling of the mud situation was amateurish, too little too late in the way of straw and woodchip. Now a lot of people are probably calling me a miserable bast*rd but here's the best... We finally got to camp zone 8 and pitched our 6 tents along side the railings we missed half the day but feck it sure we'll make the most of it. Later someone returned to their tent only to be told by security move it or it'll be moved " but where’s the sign saying no camping, it says camp site 8 right there" everybody had to go back and move their tents (it's a long way to campsite 8). So the tent's were moved ... 2 am in the morning scuttered but happy we arrive at our tents.... wait for it....”move them or we'll take your camping passes, you shouldn’t be here" UMBELEIVABLE, we've set up twice already today, "it's impratical" we said, "its too dark man, can we do this in the morning". "Move it" So again we moved. The next morning there was a big row of tents where we originally camped. They had no problems.... what a fu**in' joke. Sunday we were determined to make up for it and although it was a great day I’m sorry it's just not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭skittles

I heard the "Timmy" alright but that wasn't as bad as ending up right next to the security(read previous post) schuzzzzzz..... "I need more bodies here man... over "schuzzzzz "what's the problem... over"schuzzzzz "I can see lots of barbecues i can't put them all out myself ... over"schuzzzzz " roger... over" aaaahhhh shut the f***k up!!!

• Advertisement

yeah, skittles the same thing happened us, we were made move our tent, and there was only 2 of us, as the other 2 hadnt come back

Advertisement